chapter fifteen

n// another superrrrrr long chapter in honour of obi-wan day!!!! hope u all enjoy <3

Ryha didn't know how long it had been since she'd finally succumbed to her slumber, but she knew that it wasn't nearly enough.  It seemed like she had only just closed her eyes before Anakin was waking her up once more, letting her know that they'd arrived on Geonosis.

"I know we agreed to do this your way, Anakin, but I suggest you follow my lead.  I'm not interested in getting into a war here." Padmé spoke, putting on her coat.  "As a member of the senate, maybe I can find a diplomatic solution to this mess."

Noticing Ryha's eyes widen slightly at the woman's approach, Anakin cracked a grin. 

"Don't worry," he muttered as Padmé left the ship.  "I've given up trying to argue with her."

Anakin led Ryha off the ship with a hand on the small of her back, watching as she looked around in wonder.  It seemed quiet enough, which Anakin took as a good sign.

"See, this isn't too bad."

That was, until the creatures started emerging from the walls.

"Wait." he backtracked, putting the women behind him and drawing his lightsaber.

As Anakin slashed the creatures, Ryha and Padmé raced to the next door, opening it just in time to see Anakin joining them.  But as the three stepped on the platform, it began to withdraw, causing Ryha to fall onto the platform below.

"Ryha!" Anakin called out, watching as Padmé was next to do so, followed by himself.

Ryha looked before her with wild eyes, watching the pattern of the machines closely for as long as she could before sprinting into action.  She slid under the heavy panels and jumped over the arms of machinery despite the screaming of her prior injuries, showing Padmé the way as she did so.  Oddly enough, once she got in the groove of things, she almost found herself getting lost in the repeated actions.  The entire situation reminded her of some trouble she and the Jedi Knight accompanying her would get into when they were children.  This time, with just a hint of more life threatening danger, but that seemed to be the norm for her these days.

Padmé caught up with her and took the taller girl's hand, both of them taking a moment to catch their breath before the next wave of machinery. 

"Are you okay?" panted Ryha, looking at Padmé.

"Never better— Ah!"

And just as things couldn't get worse for the two, they'd been pushed into a large stone container, with no way out. 

"Just when you think it can't get worse," Ryha grunted out under her breath, watching as what appeared to be molten lava was being poured into the ones in front of them.

She looked down at herself for a moment as Padmé tried to claw herself out, noticing that some of her scabs had reopened and blood now stained her already worn out clothing.  If it wasn't one thing, it was going to be another.  Just a normal day for Ryha Dallie.  Shaking it off and knowing that she could freak out and shut down and focus on her pain later, she decided that her main priority was making it out of the vat that they were currently trapped in.

"Maybe if one of us gives the other a lift?" Ryha suggested, tired of watching her counterpart try to climb a smooth stone surface.

"Good idea," Padmé breathed out, glancing to see how much time they had left before making her next move.  "I'll give you a boost, and then you'll pull me out.  Got it?"

Ryha nodded, wasting no time in stepping into the girl's interlocked hands, doing her best to ignore her body's protests in her doing so.  But as she pulled herself to the top and got her elbows over the edge, she paused.