Chapter 12

I laughed at myself not even being shocked. A tea shop, of course it is. I ran my hand through my hair, sighing. Well work is work no matter where we go. We were given our aprons to get ready before opening.

"Well, you certainly look like official tea servers, how do you feel?" Pao who was our boss asked.

"Ridiculous," Zuko said under his breath.

"It's not that bad," I snickered at Zuko distaste.

"Uh does this possibly come in a larger size?" Iroh asked struggling to tie his apron.

"I have extra string in the back. Have some tea while you wait," Pao said pouring us tea.

"This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!" Iroh complained spitting it out.

"It's a no for me then," I said not even tasting the tea.

"Uncle, that's what all tea is," Zuko replied rolling his eyes.

"How could a member of my own family say something so horrible?" Iroh asked sounding offended,"We'll have to make some major changes around here,"

Iroh took the tea pot and threw out the tea.

>>>

One word from a customer that Mushi was the best tea maker around and we were busy for the rest of the day. I was exhausted after a long day of interacting and serving. I was happy to say we finally had a place to call home after being out in the wild trying to survive for so long.

I quickly changed, into something that wasn't sweated out from being inside the shop all day. I walked into the living room, Zuko had placed his entire body all on the couch.

"Move your legs before I sit on your knees," I said genuinely.

I truly was exhausted. Zuko quickly fixed himself so I would have enough space to sit. I melted into the couch. Oh how nice it felt to relax on something soft. And theres no dirt on it too.

"Would either of you like some tea?" Iroh asked.

"We've been working in a tea shop all day," Zuko responded.

"Yea I'm good," I shooed at the thought of more tea.

"I'm sick of tea!" Zuko said.

"Sick of tea?!" Iroh quickly turned around,"That's like being sick of breathing!"

"Not the same," I said pointing my finger to the air as let the couch continue to consume me.

"Have you seen our spark rocks to heat up the water?" Iroh asked.

"You just bought some," I said as Iroh kept searching for them.

I yawned stretching my arms and legs as Iroh left the apartment for a little. I yawned again making Zuko yawn right after. I smiled at him, Zuko then patted his leg for me to lay mine on top. I gladly obliged. Letting out a breath of relief as I relaxed myself on the couch more.

"Who knew talking to more then two people for hours straight would be so tiring," I said making Zuko look to me,"At least now we have furniture,"

I smiled realizing how hard we struggled to just get by until now. I could get used to this new found comfort.

"I borrowed some from our neighbors, such kind people," Iroh said walking back inside and sparked the fire to make his tea.

Zuko and I took a long gaze at each other. I could feel my heart speed up as I sat up. Zuko's golden eyes engrossed my ocean blue eyes, it felt like we were genuinely ourselves. I took my hand and traced his jawline until his chin, his lips slightly parted as my hand warmed from the heat of his face. Iroh had begun to turn around when I got up. Zuko looked dumbfounded, it was cute.