Chapter 13

A couple days passed, Akira would stop by at the same time as always for tea and gush about how close she was to finishing the dress she made.

This morning I went to serve a man who was reading his refill of tea. I turned around to see a girl who would regularly stop by to read. I kindly smiled at her, she returned the favor as she continued to read. Iroh was rearranging the tea jars as Zuko and I walked back.

"Uncle, we have a problem," Zuko whispered,"One of the customers is onto us, don't look now but there is a girl over at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nation,"

Iroh and I were quick to glance over at the harmless girl who watched us from afar.

"Didn't I say don't look?" Zuko hissed.

I held my hands up in surrender with a blank expression as he quickly turned me around.

"You're right, Zuko. I've seen that girl in here quiet a lot. Seems to me like she has quite a little crush on you," Iroh responded

"What?" Zuko said.

"Huh?" I added.

"Thank you for the tea," Said the girl in question as she paid Zuko.

In that moment the door flew open. Akira, who was extremely happy ran into the shop.

"I finished!" She said gasping for air,"Ok, give me a second. I'm way  out of shape,"

"You finished?" I asked.

"Yep, so come to the seamstress after work okay," She said vibrantly, I couldn't help but go along with her beaming excitement.

"Sure okay," I smiled as she ran back out.

"Oh hey," Akira said to the girl whose conversation she just interrupted.

"Hi Akira," The girl sighed out.

I went to sit down since the tea shop was empty to listen on the conversation at hand.

"What's your name?" The girl asked trying to pick off where she left off.

"My name's Lee. My uncle, our friend and I just moved here,"

Friend?! I clutched my fists keeping my straight face.

Why should I care about Zuko's 'affairs'? It's not like we're dating.

"Hi, Lee. My name's Jin, thank you and well I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime," She said with a confident yet nervous voice.

Nope.

"He'd love too," Iroh said.

Iroh!

I tried to get up but fell off my chair creating a loud crashing noise from behind the counter, where Zuko and Iroh were.

Okay now I'm annoyed and embarrassed.

"I'm okay," I say a bit stunned. I stared at the floor as Jin agreed to meet Zuko outside of the shop as sundown which is a little after our shift ends.

"You going to stare at the floor forever?" Zuko asked as I glared at him.

I slowly got up as he shrugged,"If I remember correctly you have a date with the seamstress tonight," He said

"Thats not a date," I said back.

He glared at me before heading to serve more tea.

Are we both jealous of each other?

>>>

I waited by the door for Zuko before I left. I turned around as I heard the door from the back open once more. Zuko's hair was plastered back, parted down the middle.