Chapter 16

Iroh placed a hand on my shoulder handing me another cup of tea. I accepted it drinking the tea slowly. The more I worried about Zuko, the more I realized how much I've grown to love him. I couldn't say it was some feeling I had, and that if I stopped thinking about him it'll go away. But4 more I thought of the love I had for Zuko the more I worried about my family. If they didn't feel betrayed before they sure will knowing I ended up falling in love with the prince of the Fire Nation. I wanted to think I was doing the right thing. But everything of my past kept yelling at me to stop trying to pursue this. That what I felt was ill fated. My father is literally fighting a war against his nation. Mom and Rui died because of his nation. He tried capturing Aang countless times.

But Zuko isn't his nation.

It's not entirely his fault either. I leaned against the wall as I shook my head messing up my hair with my hands.

Can I really say I'll love Zuko no matter what happens? Can I say I'll end up doing the right thing when worst comes to worst?

I grew tired slowly began to nod off as sleep deprivation started to take over me.

~~~

"Trust in yourself," I heard a voice say as I grew colder.

A chill went through my body,"Is it you Lady of the Ocean?"

I wanted answers, I wanted someone to talk to me. I tried to look to her but I could only see a blurry figure of my mother, no, it was the Lady of the Ocean.

"Destiny will lead you to where you belong," She said before fading away.

I didn't want her to leave like last time. I was confused and frustrated at myself, I wanted to understand what trusting myself really meant.

"Where do I belong?!" I asked desperately, "Lady of the Ocean please, what part of myself do I have to choose? Why do I have to choose?!"

"Follow the path you walk on for it will lead to where you desire,"  

She was gone again.

~~~

I shot back up hitting my head with the wall, a small groan escaped my lips. Looking out the window, the sun was setting, I realized I slept the whole day. So she spoke to me again. I rubbed my left arm feeling my body temperature return to normal, sighing. I kept watching over Zuko who also suddenly jolted up panting.

"How's the butterfly transformation?" I asked trying to calm myself down after being shocked twice,"Do you feel any better?"

He nodded, catching his breath. I placed my hand on his left cheek, my thumb touching softly the border of his scar. He softly placed his hand on mine, his fever was gone.

"Thats a relief," I said smiling.

He nuzzled into my hand as I softly moved my hand to his chin lifting his face up a bit. He looked at me, his eyes craved my hand where it was. We stared at each other before crashing into each others lips, smiling into each other.

I seriously don't want to regret this. Even if I know it may all be a mistake. I don't want to know and I didn't want to care.

>>>

We moved into our new apartment in the Upper Ring the following morning. It was hard to believe the upgrade we had from the apartment in the Outer Ring. It had the most beautiful view of the city, large windows and had a lot of open space. I had taken over a corner of the living room for the morning to workout. I was holding a forearm handstand as Iroh cooked breakfast. I tried to keep my mind of the worrying by working out returning to my calm state.