Chapter 44

After drowsing in the car for a while, lisa slowly opened her eyes. When she looked around, it was already dawn. Last night, after eating a sufficient meal for dinner, jungkook began to drive them somewhere. When she asked him where they were going, he only responded with, 'Take a nap.'

The car raced down the road. lisa did her best to stay awake. She deliberately began to ask jungkook a few questions here and there. Jungkook told her that they managed to finish the filming safely. After about two months of further editing, it was going to be broadcast. He must have been tired after his final shoot, but he never took his hands off the steering wheel.

lisa tried to fight it, too. However, as the night deepened, she couldn't beat the exhaustion. She only planned on resting her eyes for a moment, but when she opened them, it was already daybreak.

"jungkook, how far did we go? Jungkook?" lisa turned her head to the driver's seat. It was empty. She got out of the passenger's seat and looked around.

The car was the only one parked in a secluded parking lot. lisa looked around nervously. When she looked further into the distance, the scenery took her breath away.

"Wow."

With the sunrise as its backdrop, she saw a large group of cherry blossom trees. They said that the cherry blossoms hadn't bloomed yet...

As if bewitched, lisa began to walk towards the trees. As she moved uphill, she saw the long line of cherry blossom trees. Jungkook stood in the midst of the falling blossoms. His two hands were stretched out as he caught the petals.

Just like that day in their second year of high school. His whole body was covered in cherry blossoms.

"You're already awake." Jungkook gave her a bashful smile.

What are you doing?  The words would not leave her lips, so she blankly stared as he walked towards her.

Am I dreaming? Cherry blossoms and Jeon Jungkook...

She had heard that the cherry blossom petals had been falling in the south. However, where she lived, the branches were still not in bloom.

"Where are we?"

"The place where the cherry blossoms bloom first."

"Why are we...?"

"I promised you last time. I told you I'd take you to the place where the cherry blossoms bloom first."

"Ah..."

He had mentioned it in passing, but she had forgotten. lisa gave him a puzzled look as he stood in front of her.

"I wasn't able to gather a lot, but here. Take it." Despite his words, his hands were filled with a large pile of cherry blossom petals. lisa stared at his hands before looking up at him. He held out both of his hands to her.

"Here, you like these." 

The face of Jeon Jungkook from their second year of high school overlapped with the face of the Jeon Jungkook who stood in front of her right now. lisa glanced up at him and bit her lip.

High schooler Lalisa Manoban didn't know, but she knew now. She knew how long it took for him to gather this many cherry blossom petals. She knew it was a difficult task.

"Don't lose any this time and take them all." At jungkook's words, lisa held out both of her hands.

"I like you." The high schooler Jeon Jungkook had said these words to her back then. She expected him to say it now.

"Happy birthday." However, he said something differentShe felt something heavy touch her palm. Between the pink petals, she saw a ring.

"And let's get married." She never expected him to say this.

Lisa raised her head and gazed at Jungkook.

"Let's get married, lisa. I can't push it back any longer."

Before he could finish his sentence, a gust of wind blew around them. The pile of petals in lisa's hand flew out and began to dance around them. The cherry blossom petals settled over them. The sunlight pierced through the branches of the cherry blossom trees.

Even though the world around them was so bright, Jeon Jungkook, who was wearing all black, was shining even brighter. When their eyes met, he smiled. The smile was warmer than the spring breeze.

Lisa slowly nodded her head.

"...Okay." A smile as brilliant as a cherry blossom bloomed on her face.

As always, she couldn't refuse.

Jeon Jungkook, the man who had come here for her.

Jeon Jungkook, who confessed to her just as he had in their second year of high school.

Jeon Jungkook, the man whose smile was more brilliant than the clear sky. The man who was even more lovable than cherry blossoms...

I may have never known how to deny you in the first place.

Lisa's eyes crinkled into a smile as she gazed at Jungkook. Jungkook lowered his head. His lips touched hers as gently as a cherry blossom.

..........
THE END