someone else (requested)

"Yeji? Is that you?" You called out as you heard the front door opening and closing downstairs.

"Yeah," she replied.

"I'll be down in just a second!" You said before you finished brushing your hair.

After, you fixed your dress a little and then grabbed your purse before heading downstairs.

You saw Yeji sitting down on the sofa, her head buried in her hands as she waited for you,

The excitement you felt about going out on a date tonight suddenly faded away because just one glance told you that something just wasn't right.

"Yeji? Is everything okay?"

She lifted her head and stared at you with a worried expression on her face.

Shaking her head, she patted the other cushion on the sofa for you to sit down beside her.

"What's wrong?" You asked as you sat down.

You put your hand on her thigh but she shook her head and pushed your hand away.

"Yeji, you're acting weird. You're making me nervous."

"I'm sorry." She sighed. "I don't know how to tell you this."

"Tell me what?" You wondered as your heart started to beat harder due to the anxiety you felt.

"Y/N, there's no easy way to say this but I need you to know how I feel. You know how the girls and I have been in practice a lot lately?"

You nodded.

"Well, we've been bonding with our backup dancers quite a lot. We're always very close with the people that work with us but there's something different about one of them. I've fallen for her... hard."

You scoffed and looked at your lap, nervously toying with the hem of your lacy dress.

"This is a joke, right? Some kind of prank?"

She shook her head wordlessly and judging by the look in her eyes, you knew she was being honest with you.

"You're serious?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I really like her. I didn't want to keep this from you. I felt as though that would be so unfair to you."

"So, that's it? You want to be with someone else now?"

"Yeah." She said quietly. "Look, we can still be friends."

"Friends?" You scoffed once more. "You think after all the time we've been together and after all we've been through, we can be just friends?"

You had tears in your eyes but through the blur of them, you saw the tears in hers, too.

She parted her lips to speak once more but you just got up and stormed across the room to your front door.

Opening it, you gazed at Yeji as a tear fell down your cheek.

"Get out."

"Y/N, please, let's talk about this a little more."

"No, Yeji! If you want to be with someone else, go on ahead. But don't come crawling back to me. Don't beg on your knees for me to take you back if it doesn't work out. Once you're out that door, you're out of my life for good. No takebacks."

She sighed but slowly stood up before walking to you.

"Go!" You yelled as she hesitantly stood in front of you. "We both know that you made up your mind before you spoke to me about this. You like her. Go be with her. But don't ever speak to me again."

She tried to kiss your cheek as she stepped outside, but you just slammed the door in her face.

"Y/N?" She sniffled as she put her hands and her ear against the door. "I'm sorry."

"I'm not." You said.

She walked away in tears back to her car, driving away from your home for the last time.