Chapter 5

{AYO HOW WE AT 450 VIEWS WTF-

Uhhhh thanks y'all I did not expect us to get here so quick but here we are. I hope you enjoy-}
———————————————————————————

"Whoa, this place is huge." You said to yourself under your breath as you stood in front of the venue. It was massive, much bigger than you were expecting for a County-level competition. Then again, the winner would go onto the nationals, and you couldn't even begin to imagine how big that venue would be.

(Okay,) You thought to yourself as you took a deep breath. (You and everyone else have been practicing super hard for this. You'll do great!)

You started walking towards the venue, continuing to attempt encouraging your nerves away.

(You have to do great.) You silently told yourself. (After all, he might be coming to see you.)

You felt butterflies start flying around in your stomach as you walked inside. There were already so many people here, and the competition wasn't supposed to start for an hour at least! You didn't know where to start when it came to an estimate of how many people would be in the audience.

Yet, even with all these people waiting, you couldn't help but to feel a bit relieved. With so many people watching, it would be really difficult to spot him in the crowd, assuming he was coming at all. Unless you got hit with some real bad luck or your eyes betrayed you while you were onstage, you should be fine. With this in mind, you headed straight for the backstage rooms to change and wait for your turn.

———————————//////////—————————

"Ah, there you are Y/n!" Popping Candy said as you entered the backstage room. The area was filled with cookies from all sorts of other schools, each one getting ready for their final practices before the competition starts.

"Hi Popping! Sorry but I can't talk now. I have to change!" You replied as you hurriedly made your way to an empty changing room.

"Oh ok! I'll be with the rest of our team, meet us there!"

"Sounds good!"

As soon as you made it into a changing room and locked the door, you started changing into your stage outfit. It was the same for everyone in your team today, a purple T-shirt with the Dark Fudge College logo on the front, black pants, white socks, and black and white sneakers. It was pretty basic as far as stage outfits go, but this was a school competition, and it was perfect for it.

You didn't take long to change, and as soon as you did you put your street clothes in your bag and headed back out to the backstage area to meet back up with the rest of the team.

It took a bit of time to find them since there were so many people there, and there were surprisingly quite a few with darker colors on their stage outfits, but eventually you were able to find your team at a small group of tables in one corner of the room. Popping Candy noticed you and waved. You returned it as you headed over to join the rest of the team.

"Y/n! Just in time! We were about to find an area to do one last practice before the competition." Popping Candy told you as you arrived.

"Nice, I was thinking about going over the dance one more time before our turn." You replied.

"Right! Let's go!" You, Popping Candy, and the rest of the team left the backstage room to find a place to practice.

It was easier said than done. There were way more people in the building now, and all of them were waiting for the doors to open so they could find a place to either stand or sit and watch the competition. You started to feel a bit nervous seeing the sheer amount of people, but you reminded yourself of how hard you and everyone else have been working to perfect this dance. Even if you messed up, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if you just let yourself find a way to rejoin the group's movement.