chapter three

The Black children were not allowed to show emotions, having empty minds when being at home, not showing the way they felt about anyone.

Anger was their favourite emotion, smashing dishes or throwing spells, but her favourite was putting her hand into a fist and feeling her nails dug into her skin, gritting her teeth as she stared at her brother from across the classroom. Oh what she would do to cut her brothers hair, throwing into a fire and smiling evilly as he starts to cry.

She was almost scared of her imagination, dark scenarios with familiar voices that take over her mind, staring at nothing but picturing everything.

It was the last class of the day and unfortunately she was stuck in a room where she and her brother had to make eye contact, having her eye twitch a little. It's been a week and three days since the prank against the slytherins, such a weak one she might add. All it took was for someone to leave the door open to the common room, putting a spell on the bottles of shampoos they use, dying them every colour of the rainbow on the boys dorm, more specifically the ones who the Gryffindors hate the Slytherins.

It took three days for Severus to not have blue hair, it was hilarious seeing how blue was his least favourite colour, doing it on purpose.

Standing between Atticus and a girl that was from Gryffindor, Nora observed the way Professor Merrythought demonstrated the technique behind the stupefy spell, going from gently using her wand, to a quick motion that fascinated Nora.

"I want to be her." Nora whispered to Atticus who's hand couldn't stop shaking. "I am terrified at the moment." His voice was shaky and hoped the class would be done soon enough, looking at the time.

"Now, who feels brave enough to stupefy one another?" Professor Merrythought asked, using her wand to point to two people if nobody asked. "I'll go miss." Sirius waved his wand, smirking at his friends and walking towards her.

Smirking and raising her own hand, Nora felt this was the perfect opportunity to get revenge with Sirius, not raising her hand and telling Merrythought she will also participate, seeing the eyes of Sirius change into horror.

"Splendid! Brother against sister!" She smiled, clapping her hands. "Mate it's not too late to switch." Whispered Sirius' friends. Nora grabbed her hand from her pocket, tying her up in a bun and smiling at her brother. "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you sis."

"I won't worry, because you'll have to worry about me," Nora whispered, going to her side of the took as Sirius loosened his tie so he could truly breathe.

Pointing her wand at Sirius, Nora quickly yelled out before Sirius could, making him squeal and fall backwards, hearing gasps. "Someone get Pomfrey!" Peter Pettigrew yelled out to Merrythought, having panic wash over all the boys faces. "It's okay pete.... I'm okay—" Sirius wheezed out, grabbing potters hand and standing up.

So dramatic, Nora said to herself, watching the way he acted as it a muggle gun shot him right in the chest. It was absurd to be watching him act so dramatic and pretend nothing happened at the same time. She knew there was a hint of anger in those grey eyes he has, ignoring to look at Nora as he walks back to his friends. Professor Merrythought gave them both 20 points for the participation, deciding for the class to leave ten minutes early.

Grabbing their books and leaving, Nora and Atticus went the opposite direction and she put her hair back into curls and stuffing her wand into her pocket of the cloak, meeting Regulus.

She wish she left before her brother, seeing him go towards her. "Who taught you to do that spell?" Sirius asked deadly, leaning on the wall, appearing to be alone but she could smell the chocolates of lupin close by.