| xxii ; kyoto goodwill event

Y/N looked around as she stood with the other students, now waiting for Nobara to appear.

"This year's Kyoto lineup sure is competitive," Maki muttered. "Mostly due to the siblings."

"Yep," Y/N smiled. "They've been trained intensely since young. I'm curious as to see what tricks are up to their sleeves."

"Wha... Why is everyone all empty-handed?!"

The group turned around, only to be greeted by the sight of Nobara carrying her backpack and suitcase parked right behind her.

"What? That's our question. What's with all the luggage?" Panda questioned.

"I mean we're going to Kyoto, right?" Nobara confusedly asked. "The sister-school Goodwill Event in Kyoto."

"It's a sister-school Goodwill Event with the Kyoto School... held in Tokyo."

"No way!" Nobara yelled. "What am I preparing for?!"

"No wonder I've always felt weird," Maki muttered.

"Yeah," Megumi agreed.

"Salmon."

"It's held by last year's winner," Panda explained.

"This is too much! It's a fraud!"

"Don't go winning, idiot!" Nobara grabbed Panda up by his collar.

"We didn't compete last year!" Panda quickly defended himself. "Yuta and Y/N were the ones who joined last year to make up for the numbers!"

"That was before Rika was freed," Maki said. "I heard he dominated the competition."

"So cool..." Y/N muttered as a lovestruck grin appeared on her face. "But I was unconscious and they weren't there to see him."

"I won't forgive you, Okkotsu Yuta! Although I've never met you before!" Nobara threw her magazine to the ground.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Yuta let out a sneeze as he stopped in his tracks. His body shivered in a cold sweat as he looked behind him.

"What's wrong, Yuta?" Miguel looked back at him.

Yuta shook his head, "I think someone was cursing me..."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"That's unjustified resentment," Panda commented.

Maki turned to the side as she heard incoming footsteps climbing up. She quickly spoke up, "Hey. They're here."

"Oh, my," Mai said as soon as she appeared. "Everyone from the Tokyo school is here. Are you here to greet us? It's disgusting."

"Okkotsu is not here," Todo said dejectedly.

Nobara gave Mai a look of repulse, "Shut up and give me those boxes of cakes. Yatsuhashi, kuzukiri, and buckwheat biscuits too!"

"Salmon."

What's wrong with that first-year student? It's terrifying, wondered Momo Nishiniya, a third-year student.

"It's good that Okkotsu is not here but two first-years is too much of a handicap," said Mechamaru.

Noritoshi spoke up, "A jujutsu sorcerer's strength has nothing to do with age. Though Okkotsu isn't here, Fujiwara is sure to make up for that loss by double."