s e v e n m i n u t e s i n h e a v e n

in an alternate world where nicolas isn't so patient and good at concealing his feelings and kai isn't as oblivious and slow

"Let's play seven minutes in heaven! I don't wanna play truth or dare anymore." The petite girl next to Arthur exclaimed and Nicolas stiffened.

He did not want to play that game with a bunch of random drunk people during his seventeen birthday. Especially not with Kai sitting right next to him which meant that if the bottle landed on him then Nicolas would not be the one to go in that closet with him unless he decided to move places.

Which he didn't really want to do considering Kai's hand was tightly entwined with his, the sight hidden by the multiple bottles of alcohol and juice in front of them.

"I don't-" Before Nicolas could refuse Arthur cut him off, "oh yeah! Let's play that instead!"

Goddammit Arthur.

He heard Noelle scoff next to him and glare at Arthur and he was glad he wasn't the only one who was hating his friend at the moment. The idiot could barely keep his eyes open from how drunk he was but of course he would jump at the opportunity to make out with a random person in a dark closet.

"Nicolas." Kai whispered, squeezing Nic's hand to get his attention. "I don't wanna play."

"We don't have to play, you wanna go hide in my room for awhile?" Nicolas asked, jumping at the opportunity to leave these idiots and go do something more productive with his time, like cuddling his sweetheart.

Kai nodded and they made a move to stand up but Noelle gripped Nicolas's wrist and pulled him back to sit. "Don't leave me alone with them." She hissed at him and Nicolas was about to glare at her and tell her to fuck off when he saw the look in her eyes.

She looked hurt and scared and then Nicolas remembered exactly why Arthur was drunk to the point of almost passing out and why there was another girl sitting next to him.

They had another fight which led to Noelle in tears and Arthur storming off and giving her the silent treatment like the child he is. Nicolas didn't know what it was about since they both refused to tell him and ruin the "vibes" during his birthday.

But he knew the last thing Noelle wanted was to sit here and have to watch Arthur get excited over the concept of kissing others. And he could imagine how hurt she would be if it actually happened.

He sighed in resignation and turned to face Kai. "Do you wanna go first and I'll join you later?" Kai's eyes widened and then he immediately shook his head.

"If you're staying, so am I." He said and plopped back down on the floor.

"Thank you." Noelle whispered to him and Nicolas gave her a small smile of reassurance before turning to face the middle of the circle where the girl was getting ready to spin the bottle.