𝐈𝐈 𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐈

Leah White

Leah and Sirius Black were now friends. Ever since that night in the kitchens, Leah had forgiven Sirius for everything. James Potter found this new friendship as a tool. Through Leah, he tried to spend more time with Lily. 

Once, Leah, Alice, Lily, Marlene and Sirius were sitting under an oak tree one day in late September, chatting and playing different games. James had tagged along, knowing Lily was there, and sat next to her throughout the whole time. Lily inched away from James and closer to Alice. 

"Okay, okay, wanna play truth or dare?" Marlene suggested, a excited gleam in her eyes.

"Ooh yes!" Alice exclaimed. "Sure," Lily said, glancing wearily at James. 

"Ok, I'll go first!" Marlene said. She looked at Alice. "Truth or dare, Ali?" 

"Totally dare, I'm a Gryffindor." Alice responded confidently. 

"Go to Severus Snape and tell him that you're in love with him." Marlene said, holding back giggles. 

"Marlene!" Alice said, taken aback. "I have a boyfriend!" 

"Which makes it an even more amazing dare," Leah said quietly. "Don't be a chicken." Lily said teasingly, and Alice stood up, determined. 

Then she ran towards Hogwarts. 

"Awesome." Marlene said cheerfully. "Now who will go?" 

"Me!" Leah said. "I'll do one for Lils!" 

Lily grinned. "Bring it on." 

"Truth or dare?" 

Lily thought for a moment. "Well, I want to play truth, but I'm a Gryffindor after all...so, dare!" 

Leah smiled. She had the perfect dare that she knew a certain someone would love. "Okay, Lily. I dare you to kiss James." Leah said, with an evil grin. 

Marlene clasped a hand to her mouth and her eyes widened. "Lils, you HAVE to do it!" 

"Nooo, why?" Lily whined, but behind that fake act, Leah could see a faint smile. 

"You chose dare." Sirius pointed out. 

Lily blushed. "I mean, I did....and I am a Gryffindor, and we never turn down a challenge..." So Lily quickly got up, pecked James on the lips, and sat back down. James looked as if his birthday and Christmas had come early. "That was awesome!" He said. 

"Ew, worst moments of my life." Lily said, pretended to throw up. 

"We all know you enjoyed it," Marlene teased. "Stop lying!" 

"What did I miss?" Came the voice of Alice. She was panting, and her cheeks were bright red. 

"Oh nothing, just that Lily kissed James," Sirius said. "I know, it's unbelievable." 

Alice let out a gasp of amusement, as Lily blushed the colour of her hair, and James grinned. "So, did you confess your fake love for Snivellus Snape?" Sirius asked Alice, and Leah, who would have normally told Sirius not to call him mean nicknames, stopped herself. She remembered how Marlene had told her that Snape had called Lily 'mudblood' the previous year, and now he was despised by the Golden Gang, as well as even more hated by the Marauders. 

Alice crinkled her nose. "As if I would ever have real feelings for that jerk." She sighed. "I merely said unemotionally that I had developed a surprising infatuation with his greasy head, then ran away, leaving him confused." 

There was a pause. 

"You- you actually said you had a surprising infatuation with his greasy head?!" James repeated. "THAT'S AMAZING, GOOD JOB!!" He jumped up and started clapping.