67

67. We’re Both Single. Why Not Stay Together?

This was the second time Chen Ming had asked Zhou Nan to go back, so it was inappropriate for him to refuse again.

Zhou Nan compromised and followed behind Chen Ming slowly. He knew the road, so he could walk back on his own even if he was left behind.

Chen Ming found that Zhou Nan was deliberately keeping a distance with him, and after a while, he only could stop to wait for the cowardly ghost. Watching Zhou Nan walk to him step by step, Chen Ming felt physically and mentally exhausted.

He realized that they had to make it clear as soon as possible, or Zhou Nan would be unhappy all the time. There happened to be no people nearby, so they could just clarify their relationship once and for all.

“Do you think I’ll fall in love with Bai Yiyi again?”

Zhou Nan bit his lips, nodding repeatedly.

“Are you afraid that I will fall in love with her?”

Zhou Nan murmured “um” gently and lowered his head even more.

“Listen, Zhou Nan.” Chen Ming held Zhou Nan’s face and let the latter look at him so that his heart could be felt, “I, Chen Ming will never pick up the things that have been dumped. We have done completely.”

“Really?”

“Really.” Chen Ming said sincerely, “But now you should explain to me why you worry that I will fall in love with Bai Yiyi again.”

Zhou Nan was stunned, and then he realized that he had fallen into Chen Ming’s trap. He tried to look away, stammering, “Because she’s a profligate woman. I’m afraid your life will be ruined by her again. This… That is not good… It shouldn’t be…”

“Hmm?” Chen Ming smiled thoughtfully. Obviously he didn’t believe what Zhou Nan said.

But Zhou Nan didn’t explain, saying, “Let’s go back to the flower shop first. Wash your face, and then I’ll explain to you.”

“No, no, no,” Chen Ming stood before Zhou Nan with one hand leaning against the wall, “I hope you can explain to me honestly why you were not happy when you saw Bai Yiyi’s lipstick mark on my clothes.”

Their posture was quite strange.

Zhou Nan had made up his mind and swore he wouldn’t admit that he liked Chen Ming anyway. He grinned and acted as if nothing were on his mind, “I… I made it clear, and I just hope you can be with the right woman and avoid being hurt again.”

“Yo,” Chen Ming smiled cunningly, got closer, forced Zhou Nan, who was half a head shorter than him, to raise his face and said, “Then, please, Mr. Zhou, my love mentor, tell me who should I be with.”

Zhou Nan blushed, gritting his teeth, “I don’t know.” In his mind, there were countless voices shouting, “It’s me!” His expression was so stiff and his mouth was twitching.

Chen Ming stopped smiling, and he really did not expect Zhou Nan who usually looked honest now dared to act in front of him.

“Can we go back to the flower shop now?” Zhou Nan asked mildly, blinking, and made a cute expression.

Chen Ming was too stubborn to give up halfway.

‘Alright, Zhou Nan, I’d like to see how long you can hold on.’

He reached out to pinch Zhou Nan’s nose, saying, “Do you think I don’t know that you always go to my bed and lie behind me, confessing love to me?”

Hearing his words, Zhou Nan was stupefied and after three seconds he understood what Chen Ming was saying. He felt his face became extremely hot.

“I… I… you…” Suddenly, Zhou Nan could say nothing, becoming extremely embarrassed. He not only secretly confessed to Chen Ming, but also behaved like nothing had happened the next day. Now he really wanted to find a hole to hide himself.

Sure enough, when it comes to pretending, Zhou Nan was less experienced than Chen Ming.

Chen Ming took two steps back, laughing loudly.

Seeing him laughing at himself, Zhou Nan was suddenly pissed off. He clenched his fists, summoned his courage and asked, “Do you like me or not?”

He regretted after saying it.

He worried that Chen Ming would refuse him, afraid that he would lose Chen Ming. At the thought of this, he felt painful and wanted to cry.

Chen Ming stood up straight with a serious expression, and touched his chin with his hand, “Eh… this…” He occasionally glanced at Zhou Nan thoughtfully.

Zhou Nan felt he was standing on a cliff overlooking the abyss, and Chen Ming’s answer would determine where he would fall. He had almost no courage to listen to what Chen Ming would say. He just wanted to cover his ears and run all the way back to the florist to find something to bury himself.

Chen Ming, seeing Zhou Nan’s red eyes, decided not to tease him and said, “I’m single, you’re single. Why not stay together?”

What he didn’t expect was that this sentence was completely counterproductive. Zhou Nan was petrified for a few seconds and then he suddenly began to wail.

Chen Ming was a dumb guy and did not know how to face such a situation. Facing tearful Zhou Nan, he was dazed and asked, “Alas? I said we can be together, why are you crying?”

‘Bullshit, of course I was touched!’

Zhou Nan cried even louder, saying, “You should come over to hug me! Console me! You are such a dumb man!”

Chen Ming who was scolded didn’t get angry but laughed, and he leaned over helplessly, reaching out. He said in a somewhat indulgent tone, “Come in my arms.”

Zhou Nan rushed over, rubbing his tears onto Chen Ming. He buried himself into Chen Ming’s arms, hoping that they would never part.