[27 - Clash of the Titans]

Barry

I heard what happened at the mall within minutes of it happening. Everything goes around fast at CCPD, all the cop/detective drama. So, of course, I had to go check in on Percy and see how was he doing.

You can imagine my surprise to see that Eddie was there. I never thought that he'd know I was the Flash like that, but I guess that's what happened. He took is pretty easily, well, I hope he did. It was hard to tell since all he could do was gawk at me.

But he promised me he wouldn't tell anyone. He even knows why I can't tell Iris, so at least he can keep the secret.

Anyways, I don't blame Percy. I've been in the situation before, where some overexcited cops ruin a perfectly set in place plan.

I had only stayed at S.T.A.R. Labs for ten minutes before I ran back. I had work I needed to catch up on. I just finished processing DNA samples from a crime scene. I better give this to Captain Singh unless I want him to come barge in my lab again and hassle me around (I don't want that.) So I do a quick jog out of my lab and down the stairs where his office is. I quietly slip the papers on his desk and I slip out before he can notice me. He was currently scolding some beat cop about who knows what, so he was distracted and would be for a while, no doubt.

As I'm leaving his office, I bump into Eddie who greets me with a wide smile. "Oh, hey, Barry. Nice to see you. . . again."

"Yup. Nice to see you, Eddie."

And he leaves just as quickly as he came.

I continue on with my day; I mostly just caught up on some things I needed to finish. After a long day of working, I began to pack up my things in my bag. I looked at the clock on the back wall, surprised it was already evening. With the summer sun still high, you'd think it was noon.

I close the lights on my way out, and when I turn around after closing the heavy double doors, I run into Eddie again. Honestly, bumping into him three times in one day was very surprising. Of course, I'm ought to see him every once in a while. I mean, we work in the same building, hell, we work on the same floor.

"Woah, Eddie! Jeez, you scared me."

"Sorry, Barry. I just really got to talk to you. Can we talk?"

"Is this about me being. . . you know-?"

"No, no, not about that. Well, I mean, I have so many questions regarding that. But this is entirely different."

"Oh, okay, then. What's up?" I turn around to open the door of my lab again so we could get some privacy. He follows me in and shuts the door behind him.

"I know you already know this, but I'm going to propose to Iris. Tonight."

"Wait, woah, tonight? Really?"

"Yeah, and I'm just telling you this because you and Iris are best friends and it wouldn't feel right if you didn't know. Joe doesn't agree of our relationship, but I love Iris, and I want to marry her. I'd been planning for this day for weeks, and I want it to be absolutely perfect. But to make it perfect, I wanted to make sure you were okay with, well. . . us."

I sigh, I know I'd been clinging onto my love for Iris for years, but she loves someone else and they're good for each other. It wouldn't be right to have my personal opinion stop their relationship from happening. "I'm so happy for you, man. Of course I'm fine with it. You love her, and she loves you. She'll definitely say yes."

"Oh, I hope so. I'm planning on doing it over the lake, you know on that bridge?"

"Oh, yeah, that's right near S.T.A.R. Labs, but that sounds nice," I plaster a smile on my face as best as I could, I was surprised Eddie couldn't see right through it.