two

SIXTH YEAR

SIXTH YEAR

The morning of September the first dawned bright and early, the distant sounds of bells chiming from the local church rousing Elara from her unsettled sleep.

She took a moment to smile into her pillow, allowing her competing feelings of dread, anticipation and excitement to fill her up until she jumped from her rickety bed, unable to contain herself. She pulled on her clothes—baggy jeans and a white crop-top —before joining her parents downstairs.

ELARA

Somehow, I had survived that night.

That dreadful, horrifying night.

I don't remember much of it, but there was one thing I was sure of, and it was that Harry Potter, my ex boyfriend, didn't give two flying shits about me.

Apparently when he and Cho got back to Hogwarts, my brother gave him a piece of his mind (in the form of a good punch to the face) and my other friends as well.

They all thought I died.

I thought I died at some point.

But I didn't.

I'm not sure who the man who saved me was, but I owed him my life.

When Harry saw me again after the accident, he cried of happiness, saying that he missed me, and was glad I was alright— of course, he apologized for leaving me for Cho, saying that he didn't know what he was doing in the spur of the moment.

I flipped him off.

I was angry. Upset. But also thankful, because at least now I know that he didn't deserve me.

"Why do I have to settle for a guy that doesn't love me as much as I love him?"

I remember telling him. He looked heartbroken to the point where I almost felt bad. But that was to be expected. I used to love him.

key word, used.

Harry wasn't all bad as a boyfriend. He was the savior, the boy who lived, he teen everyone loved. He was the good guy, and I wanted to be good too.

If Harry didn't like a Slytherin, I had to stop talking to them, even if they were my friends. If he told me he needed me, I'd leave all my work and assignments to go and help him.

If he included me in a risky plan, I would go all in without thinking twice about my safety. Even during the triwizard tournament, when I and other students were kidnapped and held in the black lake, Harry saved Cho instead of me.