Chapter 16

(Song from this story up here! ↑↑↑)

As always, Xiao felt uneasy with a lot of people around him. Especially now because Kaeya was sitting really close next to him, as if he was holding him at gun point if he were to act up.

Venti, on the other hand, was having the time of his life. Shot after shot, drink after drink, song after song, he was having it very well indeed.

Xiao was worried about him drinking too much, tho. He knew he was a god, and he was able to handle something so mere as alcohol, but.. something felt extremely off. Kaeya kept on looking at Xiao, back and Venti, and then back at the glasses. And the weirdest was, he never drunk something himself.

Venti had told a lot about Kaeya, he liked to wash away his problems more than Venti with a glass of wine. So the fact he didn't drink anything, bothered him. Maybe more than why Kaeya kept his hand in a fist?

"Ehem! My next-" Venti hiccuped, "song.. shall be for a g-" another hiccup broke his sentence. "guy! I... I really like." Venti didn't seem to exactly be thinking straight, even tho, there was a glimpse still of the sober Venti. That were, his eyes. You can clearly tell someone's eyes would change when they're drunk, while Venti's weren't...?

'Wait..' Xiao thought. 'A boy he likes? So he.. he has a crush on someone else huh..' Xiao quickly shook it away, trying not to lose sight of Kaeya.

"T-The ssongg.. IS!.. ehh.. what was it again.. hmm.." Someone came close to Venti and whispered it into his ear. "OH! Yes!.. Hmm.. I think the chorus might just be most important.. so.." Venti was struggling with talking before, but suddenly seems a lot more focused. "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy!!"

The crowd was cheering. 'Apparently it was a happy song and something about... love?' Xiao got deeper and deeper lost in his thoughts, as he saw Kaeya opening his hand. By then, Venti pulled him up to him and stood up on the table together with him. Lost of words, Xiao looked at Venti, who was smiling brightly.

"Do you know the lyrics of this song, Xiao?" Venti asked, looking totally sober again.

"Uh.. I don't think so." Xiao wanted to sit down again but Venti held him up. Kaeya's hand was suddenly empty. Xiao was in a total panic, not knowing what to do, and so.. he just decided to listen to Venti's singing. Hoping, for the best.

The instrument players started playing the intro, along with Venti singing it.

"I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things.. we can do the tango just for two.." Venti smiled at Xiao. "I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings~. Be your Valentino just for you!!" Venti stepped off the table, standing in the middle of the sitting spot, and everyone being able to see, and hear him.

"Ooh, love, ooh, loverboy~. What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?" He was dancing around with his cape, happily spinning around.

"Set my alarm, turn on my charm, that's because I'm a good old-fashioned loverboy!~"

"Oooh, let me feel your heartbeat" Venti looked at Xiao, smiling as the crowd softly said "Grow faster, faster"

"Ooh, ooh, can you feel my love heat? Come on and sit on my hot-seat of love.. And tell me how do you feel right after all- I'd like for you and I to go romancing!" Venti said, blushing more and more.

"Say the word, your wish is my command!~" Venti walked back to the table, grabbing Xiao's hand and pulling him off the table, and drawing him in to dance with him where everyone could see. Xiao suddenly was embarrassed and flustered by Venti's singing.

"Oooh, love! Ooh, lo-ver-boy!~ What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?" Xiao couldn't speak, all he could do was let Venti lead him in his arms, and his dance.