Chapter 27- Promise

"Um.. Jennifer? Could you please get me a glass of orange juice from the kitchen?" Celine asked me in her sickenly sweet voice and I controlled myself from gagging.

"Sure, you want me to add something in it too? Poison maybe?" I said quietly to myself but Zack who was just passing by us on the couch heard it too and gave me an amused smile.

I was pouring orange juice for the witch in a glass when I felt two muscular arms encircling around my waist. "Are you jealous, my blob fish?" Zack huskily whispered in my ear, causing shivers to go down my spine.

"Why would I be jealous, my panda bear?" I whispered back. Zack nuzzled his head in my hair and inhaled my scent.

What was this boy doing?

"What are you doing, Zack? Let me go."

"What if I don't?" He whispered and bit my ear as I shuddered.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Zack smirking at the effect he caused on my body.

"Please, Zack."

"Alright." He removed his arms from around my waist and the warmth I had felt was gone.

I took the orange juice and started walking out of the kitchen.

"I hope you didn't add poison in it." Zack teased and I rolled my eyes.

"If we had poison in this house, I would have added it... In your food." I said and got out of the kitchen, smiling to myself.

"Thank you." The witch gave me a sweet smile but I just rolled my eyes on her.

Ever since she found out that she was pregnant, she has been bossing around everyone in the house.

And Damien? He practically kisses the ground she walks upon.

"Zack?" Celine called out for him as he made himself comfortable beside me on the couch.

"Hmm?" Zack hummed as he put his head on my lap much to Celine's annoyance and shock. And I don't know why, but my hands found their way to his hair.

I was caressing and running my hand through Zack's silky hair while my other hand was making patterns on his cheek.

To say that Zack was enjoying this would be an understatement. He was basically melting in my touch and I smirked to myself.

Celine's eyes looked ready to pop out of her stupid skull and to add more to her shock, I bent down and kissed Zack on his forehead. I felt him shiver under my touch and I smiled at him.

Zack stared into my eyes so intently that I felt myself getting lost in his light brown orbs. He reached his hand to touch my cheek and slowly started caressing it softly.

"This is the cheek you had slapped so many times." I blurted out even before I could control it.

Why Jennifer?! Why did you have to ruin the mood?! You blob fish!

Zack's eyes immediately reflected guilt and he lowered his hand from my cheek. "I am so sorry, Jennifer. You have no idea how guilty I am for hurting you." He said in a low and guilty voice.

I smiled at him. "It's okay." I replied.

I could sense how jealous Celine was feeling by how she was glaring at me but I ignored her.

"Uh, Zack." she called for him again as he had just ignored her the first time.

Lol.

"What?" Zack asked in a calm voice but I could hear the annoyance in it. "Can you..uh help me with something?" she asked.