Chapter 26 : Picture

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

In ancient Greek culture,

Manticores were thought to be savage man-eaters.

They represented the unknown lands of Asia where they inhabited.

And were symbolized for the ruthless rule of tyrants.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

It took Wyatt's mom a full minute to recover from the collision

It took Wyatt's mom a full minute to recover from the collision. The wall behind her had indented from the brunt. She shook her head and tried to get her bearings as she wobbled on her paw-like feet.

We have only a few seconds before she attacks.

Dimitri sat forward on the couch and cradled his wounded shoulder. His chest moved with labored breathing as blood seeped into his jacket and slithered down his arm. "Damn. I guess I'll have to make do with one hand."

"Are you okay?" I got to my feet and winced as the fresh cuts over my scapular stretched with the movement.

His head fell back against the sofa, lips pulled into a smirk "Don't worry about me. Every god has a healing ability. You, however..."

I straightened up, feigning nonchalance. "It's fine. Just a minor bruise."

A complete lie.

Something warm trickled down my back and I knew exactly what it was. But right now, I couldn't risk jeopardizing a plan that took weeks to concoct.

Dimitri scoffed. "Define minor bruise? If it's small enough to ensure that Liam and Zion doesn't kick my ass, then that's good."

I smiled.

Nothing gets past him, does it?

Something snapped to our side and we all turned our heads to a particular cat at the far corner of the room. Its bones popped at odd angles as it grew in size, taking a deformed shape I could barely recognize. Not a second later, all the cats in the house started morphing in the same manner. Their muscles and bones twisted cruelly like they were bewitched.