15 - it still hurts

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" SOMEBODY HAS TO SAVE THIS FRANCHISE! "

alexa, play TRANSGENDER by crystal castles

^^^^^^

"Auntie!" I weakly cried out, praying to God that she could hear me.

Footsteps that I prayed were hers could be heard picking up their pace, coming in my general direction. I mean, she could still pass right by me without noticing I was there, but this is Sidney Prescott we're talking about here. A final girl for twenty-six years now. She never leaves a single stone un-turned. She triple checks every single corner before she turns. If she didn't find me, or couldn't see me, then she would go down in history as the stupidest final girl ever, right alongside Lori Campbell.

"Oh my gosh, Tatum!" Sid came into my sight, squatting down next to me with clear concern etched into her facial features. "What did they do to you?"

I shook my head and winced as she moved to apply pressure on my back, "Brie-Brielle, is she...do you know if she's okay? Don't worry about me, I need you to find out if she's okay."

"If Brie's okay? What-why? Tates, we need to get you out of-" She clearly was more concerned for my well-being than Brielle's, and that needed to change.

She didn't understand. I couldn't lose her. Brielle is my best friend out of the entire world, and if I lost her after everybody else? Well, I don't think I could handle it. I loved her. If I lost her, I would lose myself too. And that would be no good for anybody.

"No!" I did my best to be demanding. "I need to stay-I need to see this through. For Wes...for Dad."

That guilt trip should work.

"Oh-okay, okay, I'll find Brielle for you. That Amber girl, she shot Gale-"

"Is Gale still alive?" I asked, still lacking that necessary worry I should have for my birth mother at this moment in time.

"Yes, but-"

"Okay. Go find Brie, I'll stay put."

"Mark said you would need this," She held out an epinephrine injection thing from her jacket pocket, and I couldn't help but faintly laugh. "Said he talked to you and your dad about it once, uh-can you do this yourself?"