53: Time

"Come on Y/n we gotta meet Charlie at the diner" Bella yells from downstairs.

"God Bella, sorry I care about my appearance!"

I pull my zipper, slide my shoes one, grabbing my bag and stealing one last glance at the mirror, before running downstairs

I pull my zipper, slide my shoes one, grabbing my bag and stealing one last glance at the mirror, before running downstairs. After a long week of school it was finally Friday, and no I didn't skip today, my classes ended earlier today so Rosalie brought me home.

"Took you long enough" She rolls her eyes.

"Whatever" I get into her car, looking out the window as she drives off, pulling into the diner, a bunch of boys from our school were there. Including Mike.

"Arizona! yo what's happening" Mike greets Bella and sends me a nod.

"Sup Mike" I nod back, he just smiles in return.

"You- you and Cullen, that's-" Small chuckle left his lips. "I don't like it" He shakes his head.

"Who asked you?" I rolled my eyes and walked into the diner. "Hi daddy" I give him a kiss on the cheek and sit facing the window, looking at Bella talking to stupid Mike.

"What took you girls so long?" Dad asks me snapping me out of my gaze.

"Sorry, I took long to get ready" I smiled shyly.

"You and Bella are so different" He laughs.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Good, if I had two Bellas I'd be a very sad father"

"I love you so much" I got up and hugged him. "You just need to give Bella some time"

"Thank you hun, I love you very much too" He kisses my forehead.

"Hi Charlie" Bella walks in as dad pulls away, sadness taking over in his eyes. "Sorry we are late, biology project and when I got home Y/n wasn't ready"

"I already filled him in Bella" I roll my eyes.

"I already ordered a Spain Salad I hope that okay" Dad says as Cora places our plates in front of us, the rubs my shoulder. I could feel the sadness coming off her.

"Order one for yourself next time. You should cut back on the steak"

"I'm healthy as a horse"

"Yes you are" I giggle at him.

Cora asked with a concerned voice if they had heard anything new, everyone was wondering and were worried. Dad told him that there was not much he can do since the killer was now no longer in his area and that the sheriff over at Kitsap county was talking over. Cora said something about how she hopes they catch him fast and our lunch proceeded.

I wanted to pay attention to dad interrogating Bella about the boys in school but I was thinking about tonight. I was getting picked up by Paul, and hanging out with the pack. Cora had just brought the Berry Cobbler when I heard a loud horn, all three of us looked out the window to see Paul Lahore getting our of his huge truck.

"What is Paul Lahote doing here?" Dad asks still staring out the window.

"Uh I'd love to chat, but my ride is here, bye daddy" I give him a kiss on the cheek, side hug Bella and run out. "Get in the car!" I run past Mike and his friends.

"No hug for him?" Paul crosses his arms and furrows his eyebrows.

"Who are you" I giggle and hug him.

"A big bad wolf" He says into my neck.

"Yeah right" I say sarcastically. "Now lets get out before my dad comes outside saying he has a gun and will use it if you hurt me"

"I'll get the door" He chuckles and walks me over to my side, opening the door for me.

"Thank you" I smile and get in. As he's walking around the car, he waves at Bella and dad who were staring out the window. "Really?" I ask as he gets into the car.

"What? I want your dad to like me" He drives off.

"What for?" Paul stays quiet and ignores my question.

"How was school?" He says after a while of silence.

"It was pretty good"

"Are you having any trouble with your classes?"

"Not really I'm pretty good at everything, its more like I have problems with people" I sigh.

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since I made....... certain friends, people seem to stay at a distance, whisper things and I don't know..... never mind" I let out a nervous giggle and move the strand of hair out of my face.

"They are missing out on a great person"He places his hand on top of mine.

I felt my face heat up, and looked away from his piercing eyes, and blushed even harder. The rest of the way we talked while holding hands. Sometimes talking to Paul was really nice and relaxing, but other times I just remember what did and it makes me pull back.

"We are here" Paul says as we pull into a small home, very isolated but beautiful.

"Who's house is this?"

"Sam's imprint"

"Imprint?"

"Girlfriend, I meant girlfriend" He gets out of the car, walking to my side and opening the door putting a hand out for me to use.

"Thank you" I smile and use his hand to get down from his huge truck. "So who's here?"

"Just Sam, Emily and Jared" He keeps my hand in his grasp as we walk up to the door.