Chapter Thirty-Two: The Agony Of The Harrisons.

"Is he going to die?" Elizabeth whispered as she sit on the floor of her office's bathroom. Leo found her in there when she wasn't answering his calls. When he reached out to Ethan, he told him that she was in the ladies' room and was just standing there stunned. She wasn't crying, but she wasn't reacting either. She was shocked. Everything is supposed to be alright. Her father was supposed to be having fun with his friend in London. He was supposed to be relaxing – not fighting cancer all alone.

What hit Elizabeth the hardest was that she was there when her mother was at her absolute low – she was there for her even after everything she did to her family – she didn't let go of her till the very end, and now when the man she would ever love he most needs her – she is thousand of miles away from him – living her best life while he is struggling to live? What kind of daughter does that make her? She was too stunned to process the news that Silas had just given to her. He was a mess on the phone. She had to ask him to slow down to understand him better, but it was better when she didn't know – when she couldn't understand. It didn't hurt her this bad then.

Leo came rushing for her. His hugs and kisses on her head weren't comforting. She couldn't care for them right now. While he was holding her – telling her that everything will be okay. She slides down on the dirty floor. Leo went down with her – he didn't let her go even for a second. He was hugging her from behind while she numbly sit. That's when the worse thought hit her. Her father was going to die – is he? Where she was gagging to hear a negative response from Leo, Leo struggled.

What was he supposed to tell her? Owen isn't well. He knows that. The doctor in him wants to tell Elizabeth not to get her hope up – there is not much that the treatments can do. But the boyfriend in him wants her to know that everything will be okay, that Owen will live a healthy and happy life with his kids. But that would be a lie. Leo sighed and kissed her head, "Come on, get up." He mumbled to her and tried to make her stand, but she made no effort. With every passing second, Leo felt guilty. How can he ever tell her that he knew about Owen's deteriorating health for months?

Maria sat outside on the balcony with Silas. Both of them were silent – none of them has said a word since Silas stopped crying. Silas was sitting with his arms around his knees. His gaze was fixed on the floor, while Maria sat on the chair behind him. She still had tears filled in her eyes, her chest felt heavy. She had one hand resting on Silas's shoulder while with the other one she was covering her mouth. She still couldn't believe what Silas told her. Since she came to know about Owen, all she could recall are good memories with him – because Owen never seeds any bad memories with him.

Silas heaved a sigh. He lift his teary eyes and stared at the sky, "Sean died," He doesn't know why he said that. He just couldn't keep it in. Now that he needs to be with his father, he just couldn't keep this news away from Maria. She will know sooner or later, it will be better just spill it now rather than making her know on her own and going through the process of grieving all alone.

After Silas broke the news, he waited for her to react – to say something to him, but there was nothing but silence between the two of them. Her hand on his shoulder didn't move, she was completely still. To check on her, Silas turned around to look at her and found her already staring at him with her pooled with tears. She gulped and blinked – making the tear fall from her eye, "I know," She whispered – stunning Silas.

Silas brought his eyebrows together, "What?" He couldn't believe she already knew, but she didn't say anything. Maria lowered her gaze onto her lap and let out a shaky breath, "I received a text from Elna last night," She whispered. Silas frowned, "What text? What did she say?" Silas curiously asked her. He curled his hands into a fist just at the thought of Elna blaming her brother's death on Maria. "Can I see the message, please?" Silas asked Maria when she failed to answer him. Maria sighed and nodded her head – handing her phone to him.