Chapter Thirty-Four: When a Loved One Leaves

"I want to smoke," Elizabeth heaved a sigh as she sat on the bench outside the hospital, along with Silas. She and he have been sitting outside, for a while now – neither of them was speaking to one another. They were both silent – lost in their thoughts. Silas had his eyes lowered to the ground – he had a lot on his mind – from his father to his wife, who is alone back at home – coping with the sudden demise of Sean. While Elizabeth was looking skywards – she just couldn't take the fight she had with Leo before she left, off her mind. She still couldn't believe that knew about his dad's cancer and didn't tell her. She was hurt. He had no right to hide it from her.

Now Leo has been trying to reach Elizabeth since she landed, but she refused to talk to him – not yet. She needs to be with her father at the moment – she had already lost so much time because Leo didn't tell her anything – she is not going to waste more. Silas heaved a sigh and looked at his sister, "I thought you quit," He mumbled.

Elizabeth blew her cheeks out, "You are saying like I was a chain smoker. I only smoked when I am stressed, and yes – I did quit smoking even when I only used to do it when I was stressed, but God, I down care at the moment – I just need to smoke," She exhaled and put her hands in her jacket's pockets while she leaned and slide down on the bench – sitting in a very uncomfortable position.

Silas lowly chuckled, "And what about your doctor boyfriend? What will he say when he finds out you smoked." He asked. Elizabeth rolled her eyes. He used to smoke as well, but he quit along with her. They promised each other that they will not be doing it ever again – even if they feel like they have the urge to do so, but at the moment she didn't care if breaking her promise to him will hurt him – then bring it on – right now, she is all in for it.

She sat straight and heaved a sigh – while looking down at her feet, "Yeah, we don't care about him right now. He can go fuck himself," Elizabeth sourly spoke – causing Silas to raise his eyebrow. "That was harsh." He commented. "What did he do to make you this mad?" He asked. Elizabeth glanced at her brother – she wondered if telling him the truth would make anything worse, maybe it will not – or maybe it will. It might hurt him to know that Leo knew about it all this time, but everything hurt at the moment – let there be yet another thing.

Elizabeth opened her mouth to answer him when they heard a voice from behind them, "He knew about dad's cancer and did tell her," It was Marcus. Elizabeth and Silas, both turned their heads around to see Marcus walking toward them. He walked in front of them and stood right there. Silas pulled his eyebrows together, "Wait – he knew?" He asked perplexedly. Elizabeth clenched her jaws and stiffly nodded her head, while Marcus glanced at his sister and look back at Silas before sighing and nodding his head.

"Yes, Franklin just told me. Leo knew since dad came here for his treatment." He replied before he looked down at his sister, who was looking away from her elder brother, "In his defense, dad forbid him from telling anyone – including you – actually, especially you." He pointed out. "Leo had no choice," Marcus shrugged. "Leo did ask dad, again and again, to come clean to us about his cancer, but dad never did. It is not his fault – so stop being a baby and talk to him." Marcus said to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth squinted her eyes and looked at her older brother, "How did you know that I am not talking to him?" She asked. Marcus lightly shook his head, "Franklin told me. Leo has been calling him after every other hour – asking him about you. He is worried, Lizzy. Just go talk to him," Marcus suggested calmly before he put his hands in his coat's pocket and pull out a pack of cigarettes. Elizabeth's eyes sparkled at the sight. Silas raised his eyebrow at his elder brother but didn't say a word.

"To be frank, I am stressed as well. Maybe tonight we all can have it," Marcu suggested. Silas rolled his eyes, "I don't smoke," He replied. Marcus and Elizabeth glanced at each other before they both burst into chuckles. Silas rolled his eyes at them again before he folded his arm over his chest, "Anymore, okay?" He added defensively. Elizabeth kept on chuckling while Marcus softly smiled.