Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Hard To Keep Secret.

The atmosphere that the evening Leo came was light and at ease. There were no tears. There was no anxiety. It was just like one big family living under the same roof. It was nice how welcoming everyone was towards Leo and Liam. After Leo came out of Owen's room, he checked on Liam to see him sitting in front of Silas's PlayStation with him. They both were talking about some game. Leo didn't think Liam would bond with Silas the most. It was a pleasant surprise to see the two bonding over video games.

Leo also noticed how Charlie brought her homemade cupcakes for Liam to try. Although Liam is not the boy that enjoys sweets, he is a humble young boy who doesn't say no to nice people. Leo saw as Liam slowly munch on the cupcake. Charlie saw Leo standing y the door, watching Liam with his arms folded over his chest. She walked to him with the plate which now only had two cupcakes left on them. Silas, Elizabeth, and Kathie ate most of them.

Leo watched as Charlie walked toward him. He smiled at her and stood straight. She smiled back at him and offered him a cupcake. Leo look down at the cupcakes before he chuckled and politely declined. Charlie chuckled, "Still don't like sweets?" She asked him. Leo has never been a big fan of sweets. He likes him, but not all the time, and whenever he eats them – he likes them in a small amount. He shrugged, "Old habits die hard," He replied.

Charlie chuckled and put the plate down on the table beside Leo, "So, how did it go with Owen?" She asked. Leo sighed and offered her a small smile, "It went well – better than I expected," a genuine smile curled on his lips as she recalled how welcoming Owen was to Liam.

Charlie nodded her head and looked towards Silas who was complaining about how Liam was cheating while Liam was giggling. Leo saw that too and chuckled. He didn't think he would ever find Silas Harrison amusing. Charlie exhaled, "I guess, out of us all, Liam like Silas the best. How do you feel about that?" She joked. Leo looked at her and chuckled. He will not lie – he has never been fond of Silas Harrison – ever since he broke Maria's heart the first time, he hated him, but he also couldn't deny that after Maria and Silas reconcile – he has been nothing but supportive, loving and caring towards his sister.

Leo shrugged, "He is a fine guy, I guess." He mumbled – making Charlie. She shook her head and playfully slapped his arm, "Cut him some slack – the man is scared of nothing but you. He is a nice person. You are hard on him for no reason," She told him. Leo softly rolled his eyes at her, but he couldn't say she was wrong.

"It isn't like I do it on purpose. He acts mousey in front of me – I don't even do anything to make him act like that," He spoke defensively. Charlie nodded her head, "Yes, but you don't do anything to stop it either. Let him feel welcome around you." Charlie advised him. Leo heaved a sigh and slowly nodded. He can try, but he can't guarantee it. He didn't comment on that.

The two of them were silent as they watched everyone in the game cheering for Liam while Silas cursed at them all – of course, under his breath, as none of them was taking his side and Liam was loving this. Leo was seeing him laugh for the first time in weeks. It was such a beautiful sight to see for him. He sighed and glanced at Charlie standing beside him. She looked different but tired. Her hair was short. Leo remembers seeing her with long hair all his life, it was probably the first time he was seeing her like this. "So, how are things with you? How is married life?" He asked.

It was probably the first in a very long time that Leo was having a proper conversation with Charlie. He has never been a person of words. He doesn't talk much and since he and Charlie had a brief history – not that they dated, but that single kiss they shared, it changed a lot between them. It was ages ago and they both were completely over it, but it still feels weird to him that the girl that he sees as his sister now – once kissed him. He wrinkled his nose at the memory. Because of that and because of Leo's other demons – he hardly ever talks to her. It felt foreign to him to talk to her.