Chapter Forty: All Works Out For The Best

Six Months Later...

"So, are finally going to do it?" Maria spoke to Leo as she holds her cellphone between her shoulder and ear, while Silas held her both hands in his and helped her walk without her crutches. Silas clicked his tongue and looked at her with his eyebrows pinched, "Use earphones, babe. You will cramp your neck." He softly mumbles while his full attention was on her slow steps.

She is still not fully on her feet yet – it is going to take time, but she is not giving up this time. She has to practice this every day at home, so before Silas goes to work – this is a part of their routine for the past four months. Maria know that she would have given up again if it wasn't for Silas being by her side. The first two months were very hard for her, but Silas stayed by her side, and now she has come this far. She can take slow walks for several minutes if he is holding her hands.

Leo heaved a sigh as he stare down at the ring box in his hand before he nodded his head. "Yes, I think I have waited for enough." He replied. Everyone knows about his intention to ask Elizabeth to marry him except for her. He has been looking for the right time to pop the question to her – now it is finally here.

After Owen passed away, Elizabeth was at her lowest for a couple of months. She didn't feel herself. Leo didn't find it appropriate to ask her to marry him when she was still grieving her father's death. Once she started to feel more like her, the process of adopting Liam started, therefore, the proposal had to wait for another couple of months. And then when he finally decided to do it, Mia's trial date came out – which is in a week. Leo realized that something will happen all the time, and he shouldn't wait for the appropriate time anymore – so, he has decided to do it tonight after he gets back home from work.

"You have waited for more than enough. I am so happy for you, Leo." Maria replied. Leo was about to reply when he heard shuffling in the background. "Babe, it is fine." He heard Maria's voice before he heard Silas's voice, "No, put them on. Your neck will hurt." Leo heard Silas speak. Leo's lips curled into a small smile. He realized that Silas must be helping Maria with her morning walks. He would not have called her this early if he wasn't feeling so anxious. Leo woke up this morning with the determination to ask Elizabeth to marry him tonight and he had to share it with someone, so he called Maria.

"I will call you tomorrow. Wish me luck," Leo asked his sister who chuckled, "Best of luck! I can't wait for your wedding!" Maria spoke excitedly. Leo suppressed a smile as he smashed his lips together, "That too if she says yes," He mumbled. Maria laughed, "Of course, she will say yes! She loves you." Maria replied, "Now stop overthinking, work and then return home to the woman you will be spending the rest of your life with." Maria said to Leo – who chuckled and nodded his head.

Later that night, at Marcus's house – there was a situation that Charlie didn't think would ever occur. She perplexedly stood at her house's door while Marcus stood behind her – frowning. She was blocking the doorway – just in case Marcus decides to jump on William, his assistant, who stood in from of her – completely drunk. William giggled, "I love you, Mrs. Harrison!" He yelled at her again after she gaped at him when he told her that the first time, to which Charlie flinched. That sentence didn't sit well with her and she was terrified to turn around to see Marcus's reaction.

The was very unexpected. By eight, Marcus and Charlie had dinner after Marcus returned from work. Since it was a Friday night, he told her that his office colleagues were all going out for a drink and asked him to tag along as well, but like always Marcus declined. Marcus is a proper family man, when he is not working he is with his family. Charlie didn't even think anything else would happen, but now, here she stands in front of highly intoxicated William confessing his love for her. She cringed.