Epilogue (Part 2)

Kathryn's 21st Birthday

"Happy birthday, my girl!" Ava greeted her best friend, Kathie, as soon as she opened her apartment door for her. Kathie chuckled and embraced her friend in a tight hug, "It is not my birthday yet," Kathie chuckled as she pulled away.

Ava rolled her eyes as two friends walked into the apartment that already had a few of Kathie's friends and cousins in there. "Yeah, I know but it is almost your birthday," She announced and glanced towards the wall clock, "Only two hours to go! Woohoo!" She threw her fist in the air while putting her arm around Kathie's neck – pulling her closer. The two friends laughed and walked into the living room.

"So, we are going to the club tonight, right? You can finally drink!" She spoke. Kathie chuckled and excitedly nodded her head, "Yes, I was waiting for this day. I want to know how it feels to get drunk!" She clapped her hands together.

"Hold up," The two friends turned to look at Ezra, who had his eyebrow raised as he walked closer to them. "You never drank before?" He asked his elder cousin while squinting his eyes. He was dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of Khaki pants. Ezra had a few buttons of his shirt undone, revealing the white undershirt and a chain around his neck. Kathie knows that his cousin came to her birthday party with the thought of hitting on her friends and that thought that her nauseous. She wanted to point out how ridiculous he looked, but she never got the chance.

Ava chuckled, "Nope, Miss goody-good wanted to wait until she is of legal age." She rolled her eyes. Kathie shrugged, "So, what is wrong with that? I am a law-abiding citizen," She replied – making both, Ava and Ezra groan. Kathie didn't even try to argue for herself, she know they will not get her.

"Please, don't tell me I can't come to the club with you all tonight," Ezra complained.

Ava chuckled and excused herself, while Kathie shrugged, "Of course, you can't! You are eighteen, Ezra! I am not stupid. I know if I take you with us, you will end up drinking." She scolded him.

Ezra dully looked at his cousin, "Duh! It is Friday night, for the love of God! And you know, I have been to one before, right?" He told her. Kathie knows about it. She knows he and his friends have a fake ID thing going on and she also knows that pulls Harrison's card whenever he goes out, so she wasn't surprised when he told her that.

Kathie faked a smile and teasingly pinched Ezra's cheeks, "I know, and be thankful that I didn't tell your parents about it yet." He mocked him.

Ezra huffed, "Please, Aunt Elizabeth told me dad used to do the same when he was my age. He will not care, he is chill." Ezra shrugged.

Kathie smirked, "What about Aunt Maria?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah, she will whoop my ass," Ezra accepted. His mother is strict when it comes to doing something stupid, which Ezra does a lot. If Maria knows that Ezra has been going to clubs and have drank before, she is going to give him a piece of mind. No one can save him from her then, not even Silas. "But, I think she knows. I mean I have been hungover a couple of times around here before," He tried to reason.

Kathie heaved a sigh, "I don't care," She told him firmly, "You are not coming with us," She added.

Ezra rolled his eyes, "So, it just going to be you, your friends, and what – Liam?" He asked. Kathie grinned and nodded her head, "Exactly," She replied.

"Yeah, Liam will not be able to make it," Another voice spoke from behind Ezra. The two looked behind Ezra to see Liam walking towards them with a green paper bag in his hand, probably it was Kathie's birthday present. Kathie didn't even notice when Liam walked into her apartment. She pouted instead of smiling at her older cousin, "What? Why not?" She asked him.