Chapter 11: Acknowledgment

After the handshake, Heinkel led Alvaro through the interior of the place. Heinkel then led him to a building near what was called the Astrea manor. Apparently it was the manor of the House Astrea which is a noble house in the Kingdom of Lugnica.

Originally Heinkel offered Alvaro to stay inside there, but Alvaro declined opting for a smaller place to reside. It wasn't like Alvaro dislike fancy places, it was just that they remind him way too much of back home.

Living in luxury while not being happy.

He didn't want to relive his past memories. As such, he chose to stay in a more humble looking place. Plus he liked to work for the things he wanted. During the whole tour, the nagging pain he experienced each step had gotten worse. The wound had been opening. Luckily, he rested once the tour was over.

Heinkel had left on some business, so Alvaro was left all alone, resting on a bed. Due to the time being consumed by the tour, it was already night. Not to mention that Alvaro couldn't go to sleep. He slowly pushed the covers off as he struggled to stand properly.

Heavy steps were taken, Alvaro trudged through what seemed to be quicksand just to leave his room. Since it was the middle of the night his neighbors were asleep. Taking heavy breaths, Alvaro gazed at the sky. His actions were abnormal. He knew that yet he still did it anyway. For what reason? Even he didn't know himself.

Even though it was night, the moon shone so brightly because it was surrounded by darkness.

Truly a beautiful sight.

Now that Alvaro had survived, what was next to him? The only thing that could've possibly guided him disappeared by his own hands. Alvaro bit his lip, gazing at the sky. He desperately looked around as if trying to find something only for naught.

Alvaro used all his strength to keep walking.

To an unknown future.

Pain filled his body, the white bandages were painted red as the bandages absorbed the newfound blood. A persistent emotion that once lingering was more present than ever.

Guilt.

Stop it. Please...

He hated this. The guilt ate everything inside him, making him feel more pain than any physical torment. Alvaro ran his nails up and down his arm, deeply peeling off skin. All of this to get rid of it.

"Please! I hate this! My family is dead! Why was I the one to survive?! Please someone tell me!" Alvaro shouted, stretching his arms.

"Why was I brought here?! I know there's someone who can tell me! Tell me! Please!"

In the middle of the night the shouts of a man could be heard throughout the area.

His throat dry, adding to the horrific sound of him shouting. There was no anger in his voice, only desperation.

Alvaro's outburst would be remembered around the area, but nobody would ever identify him.

That's if he lived that night.

Once his energy depleted, Alvaro could only give one last cry.

"To return by de—-"

Alvaro never finished the sentence as an invisible force crushed his heart. It was as if the entity got annoyed by his screaming and decided to shut him up.

"Ah..."

Alvaro collapsed on the ground. His eyelids wide open in confusion. He could no longer struggle as his life flickered in and out. As a candle being blown, his life went out just as fast.