𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

[

[ . . . ]

ON THE NINTH DAY, SUNGHOON SMILED FOR THE FIRST TIME AROUND HER. She seemed happier on the ninth day. He was not exactly sure what it was that made her happy but he was not one to question it. If she was happy, then so be it. Her eyes, lit up with happiness, stared into his. That familiar smile he had grown to love was contagious, infecting him with the same happiness.

Hands taking his, she pulled him into the garden behind his cottage, spinning him around in hopes of getting him to play along. 

With a small laugh, Sunghoon's hands made their way to her waist, noticing the way she tensed. Hesitantly, he removed his hands, afraid he had done something wrong. But when his eyes met hers, he could tell she was far from uncomfortable. No, she had tensed out of surprise.

'Sunghoon. . .'

The grin on her face said everything. 

His smile grew, as did the unfamiliar warmth inside his chest. Was it happiness? Sunghoon wasn't sure. Whatever it was, it was addicting and he knew full well the reason behind it was her. She made him happy and soon, he would be without her. 

However, something that always stayed with him was the fact that he never knew the meaning of a moment until it was a memory. 

[ . . . ]