𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

[

[ . . . ]

ON THE THIRTEENTH DAY, SHE STOOD IN FRONT OF THE ANGEL, LOCKS OF DARK RESTING ON HER HEAD LIKE A CROWN. The sun was slowly setting, its rays tickling the horizon. Wings from the phoenix spread across the sky, a fiery orange from the flames of the majestic covered the sky. 

'A life for a life, you said.'

Her eyes stared into the angel's, no fear evident in her eyes. Her heart knew what it wanted, and her mind knew she was going to get it. It was rare that she was willing to do something for someone, usually, she had just been doing her own things, minding her own business. But that all stopped when she met Sunghoon. Her life became his, and she swore to keep him alive, whatever the cost. 

She was confident in her abilities to bargain with an angel, for she knew very well how her own kind worked. 

'You will be cast to Hell.'

His voice did not doom over hers as it did over Sunghoon's. 

'I swore to protect his life.'

She took a step closer to him. 

'I will not see you fall.'

'But you already have, brother. The moment I swore that oath, the universe began rewriting my destiny. Right now, at this moment, I am exactly where I need to be and if you give me what you want, I can fulfil my destiny.'

He clenched his jaw, frustration draping itself across him. 

'The stars will be our witness.'

'Give me the poison and show the stars you honour the way of the universe.'

Reluctantly, the angel agreed. A small bottle appeared in her hand in an instant, a purple-coloured liquid coated its inside, waiting for her to place it against her lips, letting it run down her throat until it finds its way to her heart.

'May we meet again.'

She gave him a final nod, taking a step back. 'May we meet again.'

[ . . . ]