22. Noises .22

"Tessa, it's time to go."

You could hear your younger sister shuffling around upstairs.

"Coming!"

Tessa's hand skimmed the railing as she sailed down the staircase.

You gave her outfit a once over, knowing she had spent hours on it and gave her an approving nod.

You were just glad that she wasn't wearing anything too revealing. You had recently read an article about a girl being raped and killed in a nearby area.

It was concerning.

You smiled slightly and lead Tessa out to your car.

___

"I can't believe this is really happening!"

Tessa's eyes were unbelievably wide as she took in the stage at the back of the auditorium.

You felt amusement rise in you.

Tessa beamed. "And we've got amazing seats too!" She dragged you down the rows until she reached the third to the stage. "This is so awesome!"

Luckily, the two of you had arrived early so there weren't too many arrivals.

Sadly, however, you knew that the auditorium would soon be flooded with people and noises. Needless to say, you were not looking forward to it.

You sighed and sat down.

Hopefully, this would all go by as quickly as possible.

___

"Hello, hello!"

An old guy was on the stage with a microphone now.

Okay, maybe he was only around forty. Still old in your books though.

"So, I know you've all been wondering what your favorite singer is like offstage!"

The crowd roared in agreement.

You covered your ears with a grimace.

"And today, four lucky fans will have the chance to meet Akio in person!"

You were sure that Tessa screamed louder than anyone else in the crowd.

"These four lucky fans have a special ticket under their seat! Once the concert concludes, this ticket can be exchanged for a thirty-minute backstage meeting with Akio himself!"

You were smart that time and covered your ears before anyone had the chance to scream.

It was still loud though.

You were seriously starting to develop a headache.

Tessa's face dropped when she found nothing under her seat before she brightened again and looked under yours.

"Y/n!" She screeched. "Y/n, it's you, it's you! You got the ticket!"

You glanced at her in annoyance as everyone around you turned to see the cause of the commotion.