And They Were Roommates

the prompt: found family, modern, domesticity

ok i was looking for ideas and found too many and then they all got stuck in my brain so i wrote them except they were all too short so here is a collection of one shots and drabbles 

it all centers around a roommates au and idk what to title them all so they will just be separated randomly

enjoy!

---

"Your hair is getting pretty long, Albedo," Kaeya noticed one day, when climbing up the stairs right behind Albedo. And looking at his ass. Well, trying hard not to look, but failing anyway.

It wasn't that Kaeya was attracted to his roommate. He just thought that Albedo was rather fit, and wanted to tell him so, desperately, but knew that Albedo would be too engrossed in whatever the hell he was researching at the time to pay any attention. It was like that for anything Kaeya tried, whether it be a candlelit dinner or a visit to a dog shelter to play with puppies.

So perhaps Kaeya was harboring a crush on his roommate. But it wasn't his fault, honestly. Who couldn't fall in love with Albedo? He was charming, and pretty, and intelligent, and never failed to make Kaeya feel like he had run out of words to use.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Albedo reached behind and touched one piece of blonde hair, about the length of his shoulder blades now. "I haven't been paying much attention to my hair lately."

They reached the top of the stairs and Kaeya pulled out the key to the apartment they shared. It had been a few years since they moved in together, but Albedo was still exactly the same, Kaeya thought. Pretty and smart and painfully, painfully oblivious.

"I don't know if I would have enough time to book an appointment to get my hair cut," Albedo said with a sigh. "Perhaps I'll grow it out."

"You know, I could cut your hair for you." Kaeya offered, his voice sounding far more casual than he really felt. "It can't be too hard,"

What was he doing? Kaeya had never cut hair before in his life. He would probably make a mess out of Albedo's pretty blonde hair, and it would be all his fault. But the offer still hung in the air, and Albedo's eyes looked over Kaeya nervously.

"Why not?" Albedo shrugged, turning away to hide his face. "I'm sure you'll do a great job."

Kaeya took a deep breath and walked closer. "Alright, I'll get out the scissors." Kaeya actually did own a set of hair-cutting tools, but had never touched the thing in his lifetime.

Sitting down, Albedo put a pink towel over his shoulders, and stared expectantly at Kaeya in the mirror of their bathroom. It was rather cramped, so Kaeya was pressed right next to Albedo.

---

At the first touch of Kaeya's nimble fingers, Albedo had to take a deep breath. He pretended he wasn't affected by Kaeya's touch, the way he lifted his hair, fingers deftly maneuvering the hair scissors.

So perhaps Albedo found Kaeya extremely attractive, but Albedo was 95% sure that Kaeya only considered him a friend. Sometimes, the urge to grab Kaeya's collar and kiss him senseless was almost too much to bear, but Albedo would never act on those impulses. They were just silly little dreams he had, and besides, Albedo's research kept him up far too late at night to add a relationship into the mix.

Kaeya's fingers were cold against Albedo's neck, bringing him back to sad reality. Albedo looked up, and he met Kaeya's eyes in the mirror, noticing for the umpteenth time how pretty Kaeya was, all warm brown skin and charming eyes and smile.