Departure of the Survey Team

January 19

Imperial Palace Parlor, Elie-Darren

After receiving a request for disaster relief from the Elmstacian government, Uemura, the head of the delegation, reported this to Japan using a satellite communication device from a truck parked in the garden. Upon receiving these reports, the Japanese government and the Ministry of Defense sent instructions to "investigate the strength of the enemy organism prior to a full-scale campaign to defeat them." For this purpose, permission was granted to use the Oga, the delegation ship, and all the various equipment on board. Uemura, who had made contact with the home country via a communicator, relayed the results of the mission.

"We received a formal reply from the Japanese government. They have agreed to cooperate in defeating the Leviathan in order to secure trade routes."

"!"

Hearing Uemura's words, the two emperors' expression light up.

"Then...!"

Schildrea tried to hurry the conversation along. To calm his preoccupied mind, Uemura gives him the details of what the Japanese government has sent.

"...Before we could launch a full-scale operation to take down the Leviathan, we need to accurately investigate its capabilities and characteristics."

"Investigation...? I see."

The cautious attitude of the Japanese, despite their great power, made Schildrea feel a bit uneasy. However, the enemy is a 'legendary sea monster' that has yet to be fully revealed, even to Japan. Only when they know more about the enemy can they make more careful plans and preparations.

"And what is the nature of this investigation?"

"First, we will take the ship we came on board to the waters off the Homunculus Kingdom, where the Leviathan is located, and there we will test the effectiveness of our armament and equipment against the monster. Hopefully, we will also take an eyewitness testimony."

Uemura explained to Schildrea about future actions. The purpose of the 'force reconnaissance' to be conducted this time is to gauge the threat of the Leviathan through speculation based on eyewitness accounts and actual surveys, and to report to the Japanese government and Ministry of Defense on the equipment and armament required for the actual operation to defeat it. If they come to the conclusion that Oga can defeat the Leviathan on its own, there would be no need to request reinforcements from Japan. However, the enemy is the Legendary Sea Monster. Since it is a fact that even an ordinary sea monster can approach the ship during the Altian War, and caused damage, it is not likely to be able to do so.

"...If you are looking for eyewitness testimonies, we have documents that compile testimonies from our navy soldiers who have participated in the past campaign to defeat the monster. I will notify the Defense Agency to hand it over to you."

"Thank you very much!"

At Elizabeth's offer, the two delegates' eyes widened.

"No, we are grateful for your country's decision."

They thanked each other and the meeting ended for the day. After that, the damage record delivered from the Elmstacian Imperial Defense Agency was taken to Oga, which had already been informed of what had happened. After receiving the damage report, a meeting was held at Oga to discuss the investigation of the Leviathan's strength.

. . .

Multipurpose compartment on board the Oga, Port of Kourbossa

The senior SDF officers managing the ship had gathered to discuss the Leviathan Force Survey, the prelude to the mission to defeat Leviathan, and its specific details. In the center of the chairman's seat in front of the large screen was the captain, Yoshiki Ando, flanked by Commander Atsushi Kato, the deputy commander, and Commander Yoshimi Satake, the gunnery chief. The other officers are seated at the executive officers' table, which extends forward from both sides of the chairman's table.