| 5 |

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[Not Alone]

Y/N L/N.

At the age of nine, she was abandoned by her parents.

Leaving their only daughter alone in their cramped apartment, saying that they would be back soon, when in fact they never came back.

Confused, sad, and lonely.

That is what she felt the moment she realized that the parent's she had relied on for everything, were not coming back.

Left to starve and fend for herself, Y/N was not alone.

Two years.

It took her two years to accept the fact that she had been abandoned, left to rot in this shitty town while her so-called parents went and lived their dream life, child-free.

While living alone in the apartment wasn't very different from when her parents were there, she experienced trouble when it came to money.

She realized that life wasn't as easy as it looked like in the movies.

Turning to stealing from random people she would see on the train, pickpocketing their wallets only to find loose change that would only get her enough food for half a frozen dinner.

Luckily for Y/N, her best friend, who she had known since she was able to walk, was there to help her.

Manjiro Sano was Y/N's very first friend, and the dearest friend she had ever had. Whenever she would have trouble getting enough money, he would be there to help her, oftentimes dragging Shinichiro along so he would have to buy the two children lunch. To the Sano family, Y/N was like one of their own; they had her back through thick and thin. Teaching her the ways of life and how to fight for herself.

Manjiro was the one who had introduced Y/N to Baji, claiming that she needed to open up more to new people, make new friends that weren't just him. And so the first time Y/N met Baji, she hid behind Manjiro's back the entire time, intimidated by the dark haired boy's scary aura. But later that night, when she began her journey home from the Sano family dojo, she couldn't help but notice Baji following not too far behind her. And it didn't take long for her to start freaking out, scared that she was being followed by this scary looking kid.

He continued following her, into the apartment building, up the stairs, down the hall... Y/N could hardly take it; she wanted to book it towards the window at the end of the hall and hope for the best. But when she pulled out her keys and unlocked her apartment door, she noticed how he had walked into the apartment across from her. Sending her a friendly smile before closing the door, allowing the young girl to let out a breath of air, one that she felt like she had been holding since she left the dojo.

From then on, Y/N had opened up more, sharing little details about herself to Baji when they would walk home from their long days of training at the dojo. And now, Manjiro wasn't the only one she could rely on. Baji was just across the hall, and he made sure to constantly remind her that once he had found out about her living all alone.

Y/N L/N was once known as the only female Toman member, but now all that she was known for was being the traitor.

The Toman Traitor.

~

Everyone goes through their own kind of pain. Whether it be the emotional pain of being backstabbed by your very own friend, or the physical pain of being hurt by the one you held closest.

Everyone has their own experiences.

People say that you should just forget about the pain and move on, it'll help if you just forget, but how are you supposed to forget when your past is literally written all over your body. Whether it was big or small, the mark on your body would always be a constant reminder of the pain you once felt, of the pain you still feel to this day because of the nightmare that haunts you when you sleep.

How are you just supposed to ignore those marks on your body when it stares back at you in the mirror, mocking you of your past trauma?

And no matter how many apologies you receive, or how many times you forgive... They will always be there on your body to remind you, because the only time it will ever stop is when you take your final breath, and accept that things could have been different. If only you would have been able to say something... anything, maybe, then, this wouldn't have happened.

Living the best life you possibly could, while the past still preys on you.

Eating away at your sanity until you finally crack.

"Hey, you okay?"

You tore your eyes away from the mirror hanging on your bedroom wall, glancing over to Hanma, who was standing in the middle of the doorway, staring at you with a concerned look. You let your fingers slip from the scar on your abdomen, ignoring the dull ache you felt from scratching at the scarred tissue.

Standing in front of Hanma in only a bra and shorts would have normally made him tease you until you would slam the door in his face, but there was no sign of any mocking words when he walked into your room, closing the door behind him and wrapping his arms around your waist. The both of you stared at each other through the mirror, his fingers gliding across the sensitive mark.

"I'm fine, Shu." You tried to push his arms away, but he only held on tighter, turning you around in his grasp so that your face was pressed into his chest. Pushing away the fact that he was supposed to be going out to meet with Kisaki to discuss plans for the upcoming fight, instead choosing to focus on his best friend who was feeling troubled.

Lost in her memories of the past, and in need of someone to be with her.

"No you're not. But that's okay, because I'm here for you." He led you over to the bed, letting you climb under the covers, with him following right after. Wrapping his arms around you and pulling you closer to his body, allowing you to feel the warmth radiating off of him. Your head tucked under his chin as he held you in his arms, tears welling up in your eyes because Hanma was always able to read you like a book, always knowing exactly what you needed.

He allowed you to feel the love and appreciation he had for you.

Allowing you to feel that you were not alone anymore... You didn't have to fight this feeling alone, not anymore.

"I'll always be here for you."

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺