24: College Entrance Exam and Gambling

A couple of days before the official start of the college entrance exam, Furong No. 3 High School gave the students some time off. The intention was to let the college entrance exam students go home and adjust their emotions so they wouldn't be too nervous during the exam, which might affect their performance.

After hearing that Shen Shao was going to take the college entrance exam, some of his fellow students thought it was strange. Shen Shao had such good grades and had participated in several competitions. Shouldn't he be on the guaranteed list already? That had to be the case, right?

Shen Shao didn't care what the rest of the world thought. In fact, Zhang JiaHe, his class teacher, had asked him about it, but Shen Shao had already turned down early admission because it wasn't the school he wanted to go to. What's more, he wanted to be like the other students. He wanted to make up for the regret of his previous life and experience what it felt like to battle through the college entrance exam.

Therefore, when he filled out his college selection form before the exam, he filled in the name of a school he could only dream about in his previous life. Everything that happened in his previous life told him that he was dreaming too much, but since he had the chance to come back and do it over again, he had to fight to make his dream a reality.

One month before the college entrance exam, Liang Cheng's family began to cook all kinds of soup for Shen Shao and their son to nourish their bodies and brains. If Shen Shao hadn't insisted on not moving in with them, they would have cared for Shen Shao like their own child.

Shen Shao was touched by the kindness of the Liang family. After three years, he'd gotten used to eating at Liang Cheng's house, just like Liang Cheng was used to eating at his place.

During the final sprint, Shen Shao deliberately drilled a lot of knowledge points with Zhou ZeYu and Liang Cheng that might appear on the exam. Because of this, both the Liang and Zhou parents had a more cordial attitude towards him.

On the day of the college entrance exam, the two sets of parents personally took the three to the examination room, and then waited for them in the scorching sun.

The first part of the exam was the Chinese test. When the first section was over, the parents didn't dare to ask the three children how they did. They just took out some umbrellas for shade and handed them water to drink.

That was especially true of Zhou ZeYu's parents. Maybe because Zhou ZeYu had grown up so tall and sturdy, the Zhou parents seemed to be more worried about Shen Shao than their son. Mrs. Zhou, who'd always been tough-minded, deliberately lowered her voice and gently asked Shen Shao if he was hot or thirsty.

Their lunch at noon was also made by the parents. Any foods that might cause an adverse reaction weren't allowed on the table. Ice cream was impossible, spicy things weren't allowed, and greasy things were prohibited. The idea was: nutritious, green, and healthy.

Fortunately, the three boys weren't picky eaters. After lunch, they chatted for a while, then went to take a nap. As for the four parents, they were full of energy, staring at the clock on the wall, waiting for the right time to wake up their children.

They couldn't call them too early, because the child might not have enough energy, and they couldn't call them too late. What if the kid was late for the test or got a headache caused by too much sleep?

With the four parents taking everything so seriously, the three finally reached the end of the two-day college entrance exam. After they walked out of the examination room, they saw a lot of other candidates excitedly throwing their notes and workbooks in the air. The flying pages looked like fluttering snow. The papers almost hit the three in the face.