29

The time had finally arrived, it was officially the start of the 2022 Formula One season and also the beginning of Max's world championship title defence for the first time.

All three of the Free Practice sessions were interesting with the Ferraris looking particularly strong along with both Max and George.

"Ready?" Anna wondered as the pair arrived in the Red Bull garage pre qualifying.

"Ready." Max replied with a nod of his head. Max placed a kiss on Anna's forehead while she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before Max headed to get ready for qualifying.

Anna walked towards the back of the garage and stood in the viewing area with a set of Red Bull headphones in her hand.

Anna felt something different sitting here this year. This was Max's 8th season in Formula One, each season Anna was there by his side as his best friend but now she was here as his girlfriend too which felt different.

She watched as he got into the car and was strapped in tightly before being directed into the pit lane ahead of Checo as the light went green at the end.

—————

Qualifying had gone pretty well. Max would be starting from P2 in tomorrow's race along side Charles who had managed to secure the first pole position of the 2022 Formula One Championship.

He had out qualified Max by 0.1 of a second. The next row was also a Ferrari and a Red Bull with each of them lining up behind their respective teammate.

Anna was stood next to Jess, Max's press officer, watching as the world champion returned to the pit lane following the chequered flag coming out, ending the session.

The two girls got on very well. Mainly due to Jess's dislike of Max's ex girlfriend, Kelly, which was a trait they both shared.

"It's tomorrow that matters. That's where the points are." Jess spoke up as the replays on the session played on the tv screens around the garage.

"Exactly. Make sure to tell him that." Anna replied patting Jess's shoulder.

"Me? You're his girlfriend." Jess said turning to face the Dutch girl.

"And you're his press officer. You have to go with him to interviews now." Anna explained standing up from her seat.

"You have to go home with him tomorrow." Jess argued back.

"And you have to work with him. I have a choice in my situation, you really don't." Anna laughed slightly.

"Fair point." The Red Bull employee agreed with a smile on her face.

"Let's go find your boyfriend and my coworker then." Jess spoke as she linked her arm through Anna's as the two girls set off in search of Max.

—————

"It's one pole position Max. It isn't going to define the season." Anna spoke as she exited the bathroom to find her boyfriend laying on bed with his laptop.

He was going over all the data from the weekend so far along with watching the race from last year in Bahrain too.

"Max. Put the laptop down." Anna said as she reached over causing Max to lift the laptop over to the side and out of her reach. "Max."

"5 minutes." Max argued back as he continued to watch the screen.

"It's one qualifying session. You're gonna be fine." The brown haired girl assured her boyfriend.

"What if Ferrari are faster? What if we don't have as good of a car as last year? What if I don't win?" Max wondered as he closed the laptop and placed it on the nightstand.

"Max." Anna sighed as she sat down on the bed next to him. "You're gonna be fine. You didn't win last year's season opener and you still won the championship."

"By the skin of my teeth." Max muttered under his breath.

"You're doubting yourself. Why?" Anna asked as she moved herself so she was straddling his hips and he couldn't move.

"Because I wasn't the defending champion last year. I was the underdog. I was the one everyone was routing for. That's Charles this year." Max explained with a sigh.

Without saying anything else, Anna grabbed Max's face in her hand before leaning forward and placing a kiss on his lips. She could feel him physically relax immediately at her touch.

"Did you do that to shut me up?" Max wondered looking in his girlfriend's eyes.

"You are gonna be fine." Anna spoke as she rested her forehead against. "Now go to sleep."

Anna grabbed her pillow and used it to hit Max across the head before letting herself fall back onto her side of the bed.

"You did not just do that." Max said with a smile on his face.

"Don't you dare. That was not as bad as what you're thinking of doing." Anna replied looking up at Max from her laying down position.

"Shouldn't have done it." Max shrugged his shoulders before he started to tickle her.

The Red Bull driver had Anna pinned to the bed as he continued to tickle her sides causing the brunette to laugh loudly.

"Stop. Please stop. Max, stop." Anna begged through her laughter.

"Give me a kiss and I'll stop." Max negotiated with her.

"I can't unless you stop." Anna replied causing Max to stop before Anna jumped up and ran around the bed. "Ha."

"You are so dead." Max said before chasing Anna around the bed.

As serious as he acted at work or whenever he got into the car, Max Verstappen was a big child at heart. A side he only let people like Anna see.

—————

Long time since last chapter. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm officially finishing my exams this week so hoping to get better at updating after that x

-ky❤️