42 | Bad Manager

Friday

"Stop zoning out" Osamu snapped you out of your day dreaming. You brought your eyes away from the schools gym floor you had been staring at, to his face.

You quickly took note of what was going on and realised after school volleyball practice was over.

"I wasn't zoning out. I was... admiring the floor." You explained yourself with an edge of playfulness.

"Of course.." Osamu drew out, shaking his head with a small smile. Atsumu came walking over with drink bottle in hand.

"Did you see me win the set with my awesome serve?" Atsumu gloated, to which you raised one eyebrow and replied, "nope!"

"You're not a very good manager." Atsumu wrinkled his nose at you.
"How dare you." You dramatically gasped in response, not denying what he said.

You looked at Osamu giving him your best offended face so he would back you up against Atsumu. To your irritation all he said was "she's alright."

"Honestly! Where is the respect." You huffed. "I think I'm a great manager." You added in declaration.

Atsumu who gave you a disbelieving look snatched the notepad you held, the one which you were meant to write your manager-ly things in.

He quickly looked over what was on the page and snorted. Incredulously he turned the notepad to show both you and Osamu what he was looking at, pointing a finger at the page.

"There is not a single word written. It's just random drawings." Atsumu accused. Osamu wasn't paying attention, just looking over each of the drawings in interest.

"Wrong." You corrected Atsumu, pointing your own finger at the label you wrote of a drawing. "This here says "Atsumu as a demon.""

Atsumu did a double take, turning the notepad back to him so he could look again. Taking great offence, Atsumu bitterly said "It looks nothing like me!"

"Personally I see a lot of similarities." Osamu observed nodding his head in approval. To mock Atsumu you ignored him and smiled at Osamu saying, "yeah I really thought I did a good job."

"well it's irrelevant this doesn't disprove you're a bad manager." Atsumu glowered shoving the notepad back into your hands.

"Jeez if I'm so bad why don't you just get a new manager." You sighed in exasperation, rolling your eyes.

You thought to yourself in realisation that they actually would need a new manager once you were gone. They didn't know that though. Yet.

"Nah you can worry about that next year when we're third years." Atsumu joked while Osamu added, "we don't want anyone but you as our manager."

The weight behind those words were so much heavier than either of the twins knew.

🍙

You were shut away in your bedroom contemplating how and when you would break the news to your friends. To Osamu.

Your eyes aimlessly wandered around your bedroom and caught sight of a box in the corner still with unpacked stuff. You shook your head laughing at the fact you wouldn't ever need to now.