47 | Zen'in

'Keep it together!'

'Keep it together!'

'Keep them.. Safe!'

Fushiguro coughs out blood, followed by his desperate gasps. His lungs felt like it was being set on fire and his heart wouldn't stop banging againts his chest. He grits his teeth, gripping his sword tightly on one hand.

Can he keep his domain together?

A fight had broke out and despite Naoya's multiple attempts on wrecking the road, the three sorcerers seem to be doing a good job keeping the damage at a minimum.

After recklessly attacking first, Fushiguro experienced first hand how Naoya's technique, Projection Sorcery, felt like. Tsukumo then advised him to use attack long ranged since his body might not be able to handle another attack like that.

They knew Naoya's plan. It was obvious from how he's trying to target Fushiguro- Naoya's attempting to kill him. Not let anyone know that he never actually left.

He knows he could leave Fushiguro alone but Naoya just couldn't resist. Envy and anger has blinded him. Fushiguro still has a chance of becoming clan leader and since he inherited the Zen'ins family technique, he'll be favored more. If he ever decided to come back, that is..

'I would've let it slide. Toji's son couldn't be that fucking bad at leading, right?'

The fire in Naoya's eyes only grew larger.

'But now that i'm fighting you here.. I can see that You're unfit to even be one of us!'

Was it frustration? He couldn't possibly forget it. His own brothers, cousin, uncle, and father all agreed that Fushiguro needs to be the next leader. A position that Naoya has been waiting for years to take over.. Is being handed to the son of Toji? The same Toji that lacked any cursed energy? The one who he used to idolize?

He'll never regret giving Tsumiki away and Maybe he won't regret killing Fushiguro too.

"YOU.. FUCKERS!"

Naoya shouts, cursed energy dancing on his fist like flames. He punches another one of Fushiguro's shadows.

"MEGUMI! Just.. A bit more!" Maki encourages, charging after the man. Tsukumo shouts for her to stand back as she's about to release a large attack, but her order seems to fall on deaf ears. Maki's facing Naoya by herself!

Her brows furrow. Maki rushes to Naoya, the sharp end of her spear facing the man. Naoya, who was previously busy with the swarming shikigamis around him, turns his body to Maki. She raises her weapon to hit him, only for the man to block with his left arm.

'Foolish girl!'

He reaches for her with his right hand, planning to use his technique. The ground covered in shadows would then start to wobble, making Naoya lose his balance. A hole opens between the space him and Maki stood- they're standing at the edge of the road. They're gonna fall!