Chapter 29 - The Secret's Out

***** Brenley's Point of View *****

Dylan strummed the guitar, playing a soft, romantic melody as he sang in his deep, smooth voice:

🎶 "When you came into my life, I was fine with being alone. Til you filled a void I didn't know was there and made me feel whole." 🎶

🎶 "I didn't know a piece of me had been missing until I met you that day, so when it was time for you to go back to Iowa, I had to beg you to stay." 🎶

🎶 "Instead you left without saying  goodbye, and my world came crashing down. It had only been a week, but I'd already gotten used to having you around." 🎶

🎶 "My week with you felt like one of the best vacations. When you left, I missed your smile, your laugh, and our long conversations. 🎶

🎶 "I felt empty and alone with you gone and it didn't take me long to figure out that I was in love and you were the one. 🎶

As he sang those words to me, my heart skipped a beat and I covered my mouth with my hand, feeling my eyes burning as they filled with tears. The entire crowd went wild, cheering and screaming and looking back and forth between me and him.

People were filming my reaction with their phones and they were probably going to post it all over the internet and share it with all their friends. It was probably going to go viral and I might end up with paparazzi parked in front of my house tomorrow morning, but in that moment, I didn't care about any of that. The only thing that mattered to me right then was that Dylan had written me a song and said he loved me.

As I watched him up on that little stage in my little coffee shop in Iowa, my heart melted. I had never expected him to be there. The fact that someone as famous as him not only wrote me a song, but flew all the way to Iowa to surprise me, meant a lot to me.

It was crazy to even think about. I was a nobody and there he was, a rich, famous movie star, writing me a song, and putting his feelings for me out in the open for the whole world to see. He wasn't ashamed of how he felt about me, even though there was probably going to be a huge backlash from his fans. Everyone was going to tell him he could do better, that he should be with a famous actress or a supermodel, not a coffee barista, but he obviously didn't care about that.

I wiped my tears away with a sniffle, but more came down right behind them. It was the sweetest thing a guy had ever done for me.

🎶 "You turned my whole world upside down with just one touch of your hand and for you Brenley, you make me want to be a better man........ I know for you, I can." 🎶

As Dylan finished his song, the crowd went wild, screaming and cheering loudly. He smiled at them and gave a few waves, saying, "Thank you," before slipping the guitar strap off over his head and grabbing a permanent marker from his pocket, signing the top of it. He handed it back to the man he had borrowed it from who looked at the signature in awe. Then he stepped down from the stage and my heart skipped a beat as his eyes locked onto mine from across the room. He started making his way towards me, walking through the crowd in my direction and all I could think about was the fact that he said he was in love with me.

A silent hush fell over the crowd as they waited anxiously to see what would happen. He came around behind the counter and as he got closer, my heart started pounding faster with adrenaline. He stopped right in front of me, looking more handsome than he ever had, his shaggy hair covering his forehead, his bright green eyes shining and his smooth, tan skin looking like it was kissed by the California sun.

He shot me his bright white smile and my heart melted. In that moment, I wasn't worried about my anonymity or privacy. All I was thinking about was how much I wanted him, more than I had ever wanted anything or anyone in my life. I might not have been thinking clearly because even though I knew a media circus would descend upon us if I did what I wanted to do in that moment, I still did it anyways.