13.06

"No, Amelia, that's what I'm saying

"No, Amelia, that's what I'm saying." Helena spoke to her girlfriend, on the phone, leaning back against her car, on the hospital's parking lot. "He asked me not to tell Jo. It was one of the last things he said and then he... he just left. And now, I'm gonna be stuck in a car with her, and with her all night, so how can I just... not?"

"I... I don't know..." The other woman admitted, on the phone. "Just... look, be safe today."

"Hey, I will. It's a sixteen year old girl. A kid. I will be ok." Helena reassured, turning around as she paced a bit.

"Well, she's also in a maximum security prison, so..." The neurosurgeon argued.

"Which means there will be lots of security. I will be ok." She nodded, though she knew she couldn't be seen. As she saw Bailey and Jo approaching her, their Grey Sloan jackets on, she warned. "Look, they're here. I have to go, ok?"

"Ok. Just... promise me you'll be careful."

"I will. You have nothing to worry about. Now, go get some sleep, and thank you for babysitting the girls for me."

As the Chief and the resident approached her, Helena smiled up at them. "Ready?"

——

As the road around them was pitch black, Helena took a big sip of her coffee, never taking her eyes of the road.

"We can still turn around." Bailey argued, sitting on the front seat.

"Bailey. No, we can't." She almost reprimanded.

"We've all had a long day." She almost muttered, her voice softer than usual.

"I know. But I have to see this patient and this was the only window of time we were offered. It's now or never." The fetal surgeon justified.

"Wilson? Are you sure you're good?" The older woman checked in.

Looking at a picture on her phone, Jo let out. "Ew... Uh, you know, I don't wanna talk about it."

"I mean, with everything that's happening, with Karev..."

"There's nothing I can do about it. Whatever happens at the trial tomorrow happens, so I just... I wanna do this, tonight." She let out, focusing back on her phone. "God, this is so gross."

At that, Helena shared a knowing look with her mentor, then letting out, with a sigh. "We'll just focus on tonight. And then... well, next morning we can all talk about it, ok?"