Chapter 8....

Tasha

"Okay everyone here is our schedule for the week." Josie said the moment we were all seated at the table for breakfast the next morning...well more like afternoon. It was clear the jet lag was getting everyone since it was around 1 in the afternoon by time we all made it downstairs. It was smart we planned an extra day just so we could adjust enough to the time change to be able to do things.

"We have a schedule?" Wyatt's brother, Landon, asked looking at Josie like she had three heads.

"Yep we want to make sure we do everything we want while we are here." Landon rolled his eyes but Josie wasn't fazed by his prickly attitude.

When I first met Landon I wasn't the biggest fan. He came off as the biggest asshole. But getting to know him more I learned why he was that way and underneath his whole 'asshole persona' he was actually a good guy. Him and Josie had that 'brother/sister' relationship where they shot each other sarcastic remarks and insults but never truly meant them.

"Since it's already one and everyone is tired we are spending it by laying around. If you want to go back to your rooms and sleep or go to the pool or beach. Tonight there is some sort of fire show down on the beach that we can all meet at." Josie started listing off.

I hid my smile behind a piece of watermelon. Josie and her excessive planning was nothing new to me. From the looks of everyone else this was the first they've seen this side of her.

Josie's always been a planner. Even in college she liked to plan when we would leave to go to parties and when we'd leave to come home. I won't lie, at first I found it a bit annoying. As someone who hated their life being dictated, thanks to my parents, I wasn't a huge fan of her 'planning'. Wasn't until I learned about her dad I finally understood her reasoning.

With her dad's cancer being unpredictable Josie liked to find things she could control-could predict. Planning was her thing to help make her seem more in control when other things in her life were far from it.

There were a few times some girls made their comments. Comments that made my already broken best friend feel worse about herself; especially after her toxic relationship with a man I will never speak of again. I cut those girls out of our 'friend group' so fast. Josie was like a sister to me and anyone who made her feel that way didn't deserve my attention or hers.

I protected Josie and she protected me. It was how we worked.

"Sounds good. We'll meet down at the beach around 7." Being in my own head I missed what everyone had planned, leaving me sitting there lost.

"You should start paying attention sunshine." I looked across the table at Trevor.

"Did you just call me sunshine?"

"And?"

"Out of all the names...sunshine?" I scrunched my nose up.

"It matches your hair." My hand unconsciously came up to touch the ends of my hair. Trevor's eyes followed my hand before looking down at his food.

"So uh what did I miss?" I cleared my throat.

"Honestly nothing. We have the rest of the day to ourselves and then going to some bonfire thing later."

"Sounds like you weren't paying attention either." I raised an eyebrow.

"I can do multiple things at once babe." Trevor winked. Something in my stomach fluttered at that wink and the way he chewed his food. What the hell is wrong with me?

Averting my eyes I picked at the rest of my food, ignoring the man sitting in front of me. Turning to Sydni I nudged her shoulder.