𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐀

❝𝙰𝚂𝙷𝚃𝚁𝙰𝚈❞———————————————————————

❝𝙰𝚂𝙷𝚃𝚁𝙰𝚈❞
———————————————————————

You were riding your bike to the sound of "It's No Big Deal"
And you're trying to lift off the ground on those old two wheels
Nothing 'bout the way that you were treated ever seemed especially alarming 'til now
So you tie up your hair and you smile like it's no big deal

I always knew there was something off about Y/n. When i finally figured out everything that was happening with her, i finally understood. But never really understood in the way i should. She always acted okay, walking around like nothing was a big deal. It was weird but she was brave for it.

"Y/n, are you sure you're okay?" Was one of the first things i asked the girl, she looked exhausted. A smile instantly rose on her face. "Yeah, why wouldn't i be!" She replied enthusiastically. She tries to hard, she doesn't let anyone in to help her. But did that mean i was gonna leave her alone? Not at all.

You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
And not invite your family, 'cause they never showed you love
You don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up, mmh

It was the day of Y/n's 16th birthday, she threw a party and invited many of her friends. Maddy, Rue, BB, Kat, Cassie, Fez and me, a couple of others too. I realised that none of her family members were there. But i knew why. They had gotten so mad at Y/n for changing, for growing up, for having a boyfriend and to make it worse, the boyfriend was me. I was a drug dealer who didn't go school. Gross.

Matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright
But I know that you feel like a piece of you's dead insidе
You showed me a power that is strong enough to bring sun to the darkest days
It's none of my business, but it's just been on my mind

"Y/n, where's your parents and sister? Wouldn't they wanna be here?" I heard Cassie ask her, nobody but me knew of Y/n's problem. She smiled lightly at the blonde. "I didn't want them here, they wouldn't want to be here anyway. They don't really celebrate my birthday anymore thats why I decided to throw my own party and celebrate it myself" she explained, my heart ached for her, Cassie looked shocked.

Y/n explained it with ease, a small smile on her face. But i knew deep down, she was dead inside. She wanted her family to be there, but they never celebrated her birthday anymore. Y/n told me not to worry about her parents or issues, it was none of my business but...I couldn't help but be worried. Especially because its her. The girl I love most.

You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
And not invite your family, 'cause they never showed you love
You don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up

As i was chilling on Y/n's couch, i heard her on the phone..to her parents- possibly? "Well mum, i'm sorry for growing up, i cant really stop that. I'm sorry i have a boyfriend and loads of friends and you just can't accept that. Thats not my problem! Now please, leave me alone!" She yelled into the phone before ending the call. I got up and walked over.

I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. "Don't be sorry for growing up, baby. That's something you can't control, none of us can" I whispered into her ear, she quickly wiped the tears away. "I know, i'm okay" she sniffed. I spun her around and pecked her lips before leading us back inside to everyone, they all seemed to be having fun.

You can see the world, following the seasons
Anywhere you go, you don't need a reason
'Cause they never showed you love
You don't have to be sorry for doing it on your own

I was extremely proud of Y/n. After her 16th birthday, she moved in with Fez and i. She was also planning on travelling the world once she has enough money and planned to take me along with her. I was so happy that she was doing this all on her own, Fez and I didn't need to help her. We offered her money so she could maybe travel earlier, but she refused.

"I'm sorry that i'm not accepting your help, Ash.." she spoke, sadly. I smiled gently and kissed her forehead. "Don't be sorry, ma. I'm so proud of you for doing this on your own" I reassured and she cupped my cheeks, giving me a passionate kiss.

You're just in time, make your tea and your toast
Framed all your posters and dyed your clothes, ooh
You don't have to go
You don't have to go home
Oh, there's a long way to go
I don't believe that time will change your mind
In other words, I know
They won't hurt you anymore as long as you can let them go

When we turned 20, we started travelling and even had our own apartment in NYC. Eventually, Y/n wrote her own songs and had gotten famous, posters surrounded our house so she can keep track of her tours. I was there to support her every step of the way. Y/n's family tried to get in touch with her once they found out all the money she earned.

"Ashtray, they want me to come home" she told me, looked pissed as fuck. "Wait really? Those fucking dickheads, you're not going to go are you?" I asked quickly and she chuckled, shaking her head. "You really think i'd go back to those monsters, come here" she held her arms out and i walked into them. "I'm happy here with you, and my home is wherever you are. I don't need those bitches, i need you" she reassured and i smiled down at her.

You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
You can start a family who will always show you love
You don't have to be sorry for doing it on your own

Here we are now, 25 with twins. Blair and Bailey, twin girls which i liked. Y/n was also pregnant with a baby boy. Blair and Bailey were 3 and the girls showed their mum how much they loved her each day. Y/n finally had a family that loved her, a family that she started. Me, Blair, Bailey and the baby boy will never fail to show Y/n how much we appreciate her. We will not end up like her family. Ever.

You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
You can start a family who will always show you love
You don't have to be sorry, no...