Chapter 12 - Another Nightmare

It is now the end of the workday, and Kara is currently walking home with Lori, with the two holding each other's hands. Today, Lori clearly had a very nice time, particularly with Nia, which Kara is very happy about. Although, Kara is pretty sure that Nia was helped buying Lori over in her favour by talking about her (Kara) and Lena, as well as buying the 7-year-old an ice cream while they spent Nia's lunchbreak together.

"So, did you have a nice time today, Lori?" Kara asks, as they continue to walk home.

"Yes. I really liked spending time with Nia, she's fun." Lori says, with a smile, "It was better than being stuck in Lena's boring office all day."

Kara chuckles at Lori saying that.

"Well, I'm very happy that you had such a good time. And I'm even more happy that you got along so well with Nia. I'm glad you are getting along so well with all my friends and family thus far." Kara says.

Lori nods her head.

"How many other friends do you have?" Lori asks, curiously.

Kara chuckles.

"Well.... I have a bunch of friends... some who live.... Far away... But... as for close friends that I want you to meet, who live here in National City, there's like 3 more, J'onn, Kelly, and Brainy." Kara says.

"Oh, Nia talked about Brainy!" Lori says, sounding excited at recognising a name.

Kara chuckles.

"I'm sure she did...." Kara replies, "Nia and Brainy used to date."

"They're not anymore?" Lori asks.

"Uhmmm.... I'm not really sure to be honest. I don't think Nia is sure if they are dating anymore either." Lori explains.

"Why?" Lori asks, in such a cute voice.

"Uhhh.... it's a bit of a complicated situation.... But basically.... this last year Brainy did some things.... and pretended to do some things..... to protect Nia.... and all of us.... by pretending to be someone he isn't..... So.... Nia is sort of having some trust issues with him now." Kara says.

"Oh." Lori replies, "No one should be mean to Nia like that. Nia is great!"

Kara chuckles again.

"I'm sure Nia will love to hear that." Kara smiles, "But Brainy wasn't really mean, just...... I don't know.... it's complicated."

Lori simply nods her head at Kara saying that, as they both continue to walk along. As they do, Kara gets a text on her phone.

Alex (to Kara): Hey, I'm just about to finish work. You think I can stop by to see you and Lori? I'm only asking because I'd love to see Lori again, and Kelly isn't going to be back from work until late tonight.

Kara (to Alex): Sure. We can have dinner together if you want?

Alex: Great! Sounds like a plan!

Alex: Want me to bring in some take out?

Kara: No. Lori should probably have a home cooked meal.

Alex: Okay. How about I pick up some food at the store, and then you and I can cook it together?

Kara: Sure. That sounds great!

Alex: Lori doesn't have any allergies, right?

Kara: Nope.

Alex: Alright, I'll see you both soon.

Kara then puts her phone away, and turns her attention back to Lori.

"That was Alex. She's going to come over and have dinner with us, because her girlfriend Kelly isn't going to be home until late." Kara explains.