The Conquest of Freedom

Chapter Two Part Nine

"You're a Priest."

"I am."

"You've killed people no one in their right mind would make you a Priest."

"It took me ten years to become a Priest. I can assure you I take this life very seriously. I know what is expected of me. If you don't trust me that is fine I will send for my aunt and have her do it."

"I will do it. I may not be a priest or a Priestess but I don't trust anyone of you to do as you say you will."

"I can–"

"She said no" Nao is siting up with the help of the doctor "I know it's hard for you to comprehend when you hear that word and not kill the person saying it. We don't want you anywhere near them so get lost."

Nao is no longer the sweet little boy he once was. It's sad how the life of a slave has changed him so much.

"Fine I will go but I will be back with my aunt. Maybe she can convince you that I mean you no harm."

He walks away. I walk over to Nao.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine are you ok you seem to have calmed down a little."

"I'm fine. I wish I had gotten here sooner though."

"Don't do that. Don't blame yourself for what they did. Let's get everyone and go home."

"I'm afraid you won't be traveling anytime soon you need to heal first" the doctor says in a stern voice "I need to get him out here it's not going to help him. This place is for the dead not the living."

"I'm staying here to help my sister."

"Nao he's right."

"I said I'm staying. They may do something with them while we aren't around. After what just happened I wouldn't put it past them."

"Can you treat him here for now?"

"I really shouldn't. I need to work in a clean environment so there is no chance of him getting an infection."

"I am not leaving until my sister does."

Nao is being very stubborn. I don't want to leave him either I fear someone will see what he is wearing and put a new collar on him. I will not be leaving this Arena with slaves in it. The Emperor will be the one paying for Nao's new clothes and everyone else's as well. I look at the guard who is still here he is looking at Nala she's covered in blood still and is watching him closely.

"Guard."

"Yes Miss."

"Give me the keys to the cells."

The guard looks at me in horror and doesn't move.

"Are you deaf? I said give me the keys to the cells, I won't ask again."

"I can't give you the key's I don't have them. The guard in charge of The Arena has them and he is under strict orders from The Emperor not to release any slaves."

"Go get them. Nala follow."

The guard practically runs out of the room with Nala on his heels. I help the guard move Nao so he can examine him further.

"Is he going to be ok?"

"Yes it looks like most of his wounds are only flesh wounds but others aren't the longer he stays here the more risk he has of getting an infection. I know last rights can take a while however he should leave sooner rather than later. Infections can be nasty to deal with."