Calming the Storm

Chapter 16

~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

Caitlyn and Vi stood in front of me with surprised expressions after hearing what I told them. The pressure around April grew my the minute. If this goes on too long, she'll be driven crazy, and I don't want to see that happens.

"April's the Fallen? What happened?" Caitlyn questions.

"April messaged me from an unknown number saying she needed my help. I came here and she explained to me what happened that day when I caught her cheating" I explained.

"And?" Caitlyn leads on.

"The guy had some sort of strong charming power, or mind control power. He did that and raped her on more then one occasion" I state.

"That's what lead to her falling?" Vi asked.

"No, I was about to bring her back with me. She put her hands over her ears and started shouting phrases before letting out a blast which leads to now" I reply.

"Good, we still have time. I'm going to find a vantage point. I need you to calm her down" Caitlyn tells me "Once you do I'll be able to tranq her"

I didn't like the idea of Caitlyn having to shoot her but since it was just a tranquilizer dart, it should be fine, especially since Caitlyn has perfect aim. We hear the sound of a helicopter and the three of us look up to see a news helicopter hovering up above.

"Shit, the news is here" Vi states.

"Alright (Y/n), calm her down the best you can okay. I have faith that you can" Caitlyn before sprinting off with her rifle.

I look back at Vi and she smiles "It can't be harder then the training I put you through" She says then proceeds to walk back to her car.

It was probably best that I was the only one in the vicinity of April. People who become Fallen tend to become violent and their powers tend to be amplified by it. The public doesn't know exactly why people become Fallen, I assume it might have to do with how society would react to it. However, Most believe it's related to too strong of an emotion like anger or despair but that's just speculation. I take a deep breath before walking towards the wall of cars . I look through the opening I did before and  April was sitting on the ground holding her knees in terror.

"April" I say.

"(Y/n), what are you still doing here? , I could hurt you" April replies with fear laced words.

"I'm here because I care April" I tell her.

"I-I keep hearing voices in my head. His voice, and yours too. It's going to drive me crazy" She tells me.

"Ignore the voices April. Focus on me and the words coming out of my mouth. The one speaking to you right now, not the one in your head" I say then ask her "Do you remember where I took you on our first date?"

"O-our first date?" She questioned.

"Yeah, do you remember?" I ask her.

"Y-you took me to Jinx's bar that she had opened up a few months before" April replied.

"Jinx wouldn't stop teasing me that night for finally finding a girl who was interested in me" I say with a small smile.

"Yeah, she was acting like the world was going to end because of it" She replies and I see a small smile appear on her face "And the way she acted when we kissed that night"

"Do you remember the song that played when we kissed?" I ask her earning a giggle in response as I see her smile grow a little bigger.

"It was Is this Love, Jinx played it from the first chorus right when we kissed" April said "It was cliche but loved it"