Astrid- Dracula

Fourth Floor! I stared up the ominous, towering staircase. How would I ever manage to get everything up all those stairs on my own?
"I can help you, Miss," a smooth and whispy voice came from behind me.
I dropped all of my luggage in fright. I could've sworn the stairway had been empty a moment ago, yet there he stood beside me. A tall man with a long pointy nose and thick eyebrows, sporting an antique tuxedo stood there. His hair was slicked, jet black. I wondered who this man was and where he had come from.
"Let me help you," he spoke again.
"Uh, yes sir," I sputtered, still recovering from a thorough frightening.
He began picking up all of my fallen suitcases. I quickly bent down and snatched the last one before he could get his hands to it. I wouldn't have a stranger leaving me feeling useless.
As I followed him up the countless stairs, I noticed a few particular features about this strange man. Were his ears slightly pointed?
"Miss you are staring at me," he said as I squinted my eyes to see better. "I can feel it," he then answered my unspoken question about how he knew, as his eyes were pointed upward towards the top of the stairs.
He turned his head back slightly to glance at me, and I noticed another detail, sharp teeth protruding from his lips. In a panic, I slipped. The rumors were true! Standing near me was none other than a vampire. I tumbled down the stairs, luggage following suit. Soon I was at the bottom with a thump, and I cried out shortly after as my suitcase landed on me.
"Miss?" I heard him call for me in possible concern from where he stood further up the stairs.
I pushed myself up and sped back up the stairs, with my single suitcase. I ran past the beast, screaming, " Leave my luggage behind, I'll take trips." With that I made my way up the multiple flights.
I ended up on the fourth floor, quicker than expected. Now exhausted from my rush of adrenaline, I staggered through the hallway lined with gothic doors on both sides..
"Four-sixteen is your room," once more the voice came like a whisper of a ghost.
I jumped again, frustrated, as I hated being snuck up on. This time I did not drop my luggage or slip.
It was the same monster, still carrying my other two suitcases. I really hoped this man just thought it was Halloween. I rudely spoke up with my concern, "Y'know it's a little too early to be dressing up."
A long line spread across his lips, a frown. "Let's get you to your room." No response to my assumption was given.
He opened the labeled door with a small key. At least the key looked small with his long, slender fingers. He put my two suitcases he was carrying down inside and handed over the room key, now seeming larger in my petite hands.
"You have a single roommate. Now excuse me, I must get prepared for tomorrow. Rest up before classes." That was all he said before walking out.
He seemed too old to be a student, so what would he be preparing for tomorrow, I wondered.
I let out a sigh, throwing the many questions aside for the time being. I decided to focus on the task at hand, unpacking. I first noticed the beautiful, elegant bay window on one side of the dorm and quickly decided that was the side I would be claiming. My suitcases were all pushed onto that side of the room before I began.