11. 𝔪𝔞𝔡𝔪𝔞𝔵

The sun slowly set across the black horizon

The sun slowly set across the black horizon. An autumn breeze blew across Hawkins, Indiana. With the serenity evident in the air and the way the moon illuminated upon the town, the night was truly beautiful.

Though very few places were bustling in the small town, the Hawkins arcade was one of the brightest places in the dull town at this time of night anyway. That and the Patel house anyway.

"Crap, crap, crap." Bradley Patel hissed under his breath, his eyebrows knitting together as he shoved a wad of change his father gave him down his jean pockets.

A car honk sounded from outside the house.

"Bradley, we have to go!" Iris Patel called up the stairs.

Bradley gasped out quietly as he raced over to his desk where a hoodie sat draped over the top of the chair, "C-Coming!" He called out, turning his head towards the sound of her voice. He clambered over to his door, shrugging his hoodie over his shoulders and rushing out the door, and down the stairs.

He stumbled over the last few stairs, tripping into the wall before catching himself on his hands with a groan.

"Jeez, what the hell took you so long, Brad?" chuckled Iris as she tapped the pink watch strapped to her wrist. She was propped up against the door, the side of her face resting against the doorframe.

"Language!" Stanley Patel, the two's father, shouted from the living room, his nose not tearing away from that morning's newspaper, his feet rested on the coffee table.

"S-Sorry." Bradley mumbled to Iris, sheepishly.

The two siblings then heard the sound of the Byers car honk once more for them. Bradley jumped at the noise, gasping quietly. Iris pushed herself off the doorframe.

"Bye, Dad! We gotta go! We'll see you later!" Iris called out to their father.

"Bye, Dad." Bradley said aloud.

"Alright, see you guys later! Have fun!" Stanley yelled back, "I love you, guys!"

"Love you!" The two shouted in unison as they both raced out the door.

There sat the Byers car, the faces of Joyce, Will, and Y/n Byers all peeked through the windows at him. Iris, without hesitation, jumped into the car the second her toes reached the end of the sidewalk. Bradley, however, paused for a second, his eyes widening on the girl in the front passenger seat, smiling at him.

Such pretty lips were pulled into an even prettier smile, eyes broadening with glee right on him. He hoped she was excited to see him, even just a little.