24

Midoriya limped into the observation room,
Bakugou walking ahead of him.
Kirishima had texted Bakugou earlier informing him that Mai's fight was still going on.

Midoriya walked in and immediately noticed that there was only one tv screen still displaying the fight while the others only showed static or the word: disconnected
Midoriya slowly walked to Uraraka and Iida to get information on what was going on.
"What's going on with the monitors?"
He asked quietly.

"They distroyed them."
Iida started his eyes not leaving the single screen, many of his classmates shared the same worried look as they stared at the screens.

"Oh."
He whispered.
No one was on the screen, but clouds of dust floating around the ground proved that they were there very recently.
"Where are they?"

Iida nerrowed his eyes trying to see the screen better.
"Not sure, they were just thrown backwards after colliding pouches."
He explained searched for his friend or teacher in the rubble.

Midoriya's eyes widened and his mouth parted slightly.
"Both of them?"
He asked

Iida confirmed with a nod.
"They seem to be an even match."
He said shocked at the reality of his own words.

"There she is!"
Mina shouted pointing at a fallen building.
All students leaned forward for a better look.
When the clouds disappeared the students and teachers alike gasped.
They all could see Mai clearly now.
Meaning they could all see the pipe impaling her side.
The sight caused a few of them to turn green and cover their mouth.

"Jesus Christ what happened?!"
Denki yelled.

The students watched in horror as she reached back and snapped the pipe, she stood up and said something.
The students could only see her mouth moving and the camera quality wasn't good enough for them to understand by reading her lips.

"Wait... She's not going to-"
Kirishima started but stopped when she ran at All Might again.

"Dude stop the fight!"
Sero yelled at Nezu, who was watching while calmly sipping tea as though his favorite student hadn't just been impaled.
"Mai knows her limits, if she's truly in danger she'll stop."
He said staring at the screen.

"She just got impaled!! How is that not dangerous?!?!"
Her classmates continued to scream at him but stopped when a buzzer sounded.
Even though The timer still had three minutes left.

"Hero team wins!!"
Mic screamed.

They looked in complete horror expecting to see All Might won but instead saw that the hand cuffs were secured around All might's wrist and Mai was standing victorious.
Then tv static filled the screen.

...................

Mai ran at her teacher,
her body only running off of pure adrenaline.
He went to punch but hesitated, she used this to her advantage and ducked under his arm, in one quick move she latched the hand cuffs hanging on her belt around his wrist.
Swiftly Ending the match.

A buzzer announced the end of the fight and her deserved victory.
Her body was still buzzing with energy that came with her quirk even though the battlewas over and we was afraid to give it up.
If she did the pain would flood back and she wouldn't be able to reach recovery girl's office.

Warm Crimson blood dropped from her wound and stained the dusty ground below.

Even then All Might looked worse then she did.
Way worse.
His body was reduced to the size of a skeleton, his own blood dropped from the corners of his mouth and stained his now ruined hero costume.

"Well you look horrible."
Mai commented, out of breath.
The girl caughed, her mind spinning.
She wasn't going to be able to hold her quirk at this precent for much longer.
She tried to take one wobbling step but utterly failed, she fell forward and was barely caught by a newcomer.

"All Might! Nezu turned off the cameras before you transformed so you don't have to worry about it, I'll carry Mai to recovery girl's office."

Mai could barely hear the words as her quirk shut off.
She was gently scooped up in someone's arms.
The action caused the pipe in her side to move sending a shot of pain through her body.
Mai grunted in pain as she adjusted in his arms.

"S-sorry!"
The muffled voice apologized.
White Dots danced in Mai's fading vision and a high pitched ringing sounded in her ears as she slowly began to pass out.

"You're gonna be okay! Don't worry! I'm taking you to recovery girl!"
Mai smiled, it sounded like the panicked boy was trying to reassure himself rather than her.

...................

Mai was in and out of conciseness, even when she was awake she never opened her eyes.
It was hard to separate dreams from reality.

The whole time she could see a pulsing golden light, it was displayed over her eyelids like a Golden dream.
She could hear voices, some she recognized some unrecognizable.

When she fully regained consciousness it was difficult to move.
Her body was slowed by drugs and there was a pulsing pain in her side.
Her heavy eyes scanned the room but landed on the IV connected to her arm.

She identified it as the cause of her drowsiness.
She frowned slightly, considering ripping it out.
She could do without heavy pain medication.
She rubbed her eyes with her free arm trying to force her body to wake up.
The she carefully pulled herself into a sitting position, her vision blurred at the sudden movement but she prevented herself from fall backwards by stabilizing her body with her arm.

She grabbed the IV pole and wheeled to the door, she wasn't in a hospital.
The room was in recovery girl's office so asking if she could take out her IV would be less of a problem.

As she got closer Mai heard recovery girl's voice on the other side of the door.
"She'll be fine, I expect she'll wake up in about a week good as new, I suggest you all go home now."

'Is she talking about me?'
Mai thought shrugging.
'If so she's a little off.'

Mai opened the door and stuck her head out drawing the attention of everyone in the room.
"Can you take out my IV?"
She asked bluntly looking around for recovery girl.

Everyone in the small waiting room turned their heads to look at the voice.
Mai who was supposed to still be asleep was standing in the doorway, only an hour after surgery.