The Writing on the Wall (Part 2)

Daisy's POV

"The body of Lewis Seaver was found in the remains of the Santa Maria church fire in Miami," I informed Coulson.

"The fire was this guy, too," he replied.

"Three of the others died of unnatural causes in the last six weeks. This guy is definitely targeting Tahiti patients," I said.

"Is there still a chance?" he asked.

"Two of them are alive. We need to find out which one is the killer. Do you remember anything, any clues?" I prompted Coulson.

He began to shake worse as he went back into his memory.

"It wants me to know! I need to know! I need to know! I need to know!" He suddenly started shouting. "I need to know! No! No! I need to know! I need to know!"

"Get him the hell out of there!" Mack shouted.

"Shut it down! Shut it down!" I ordered Simmons.

"I need to know!" Coulson cried out.

"Sedate him. I'm calling May!" I instructed as I took out my phone.

"Daisy? We have a Ward situation that's about to get really bad for all of us," May said.

"Coulson went into the memory machine," I told her.

"What?!? And you let him?" She exclaimed.

"It wasn't my call," I said.

"Lock him up and keep him under observation until I get back," she advised.

I hung up the phone and went back to Coulson, who was straining against Mack's restraining hands.

"I need to know. I need to know!" He was crying out.

"What did you do to him?" Mack asked the room.

"Just hold him down!" Jemma demanded as she moved in to give Coulson a shot but he was  able to break his restraint and push her away.

"Coulson!" I shouted, noticing as everyone turned to me as I held up my gun. "Don't make me use this!"

Mack moved out of the way and Coulson was able to see me  pointing my gun at him, and he calmed down and looked at the others as they all panted with exertion and fright.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"I spoke to May. She wants us to lock you up until she gets back," I told him.

"I think that's a good idea," he nodded.

*****

"His name was Sebastian Derik. He was an assassin from the dark side of Shield. How many others did you say are still alive?" Coulson asked as we descended the stairs to the containment area we had been keeping Ward.

"Just one, Hank Thompson. He only lives a few hours away from here so I'll send some agents to protect him," I replied. I set down my tablet on the stand next to the chair and punched buttons on it.

"That won't be necessary," said Coulson.

I looked back at him and he shoved me hard into the holding cell. I quickly got up and tried to throw myself out of the room but I was held back by the laser grid that held Ward in place.

"Coulson – I shouted.

"Sorry. I need to take care of him personally," Coulson said.

"Coulson, what are you doing –" I cried out but the rest of my words were cut off when he turned off the speaker for the cell then walked up the stairs. I huffed as I crossed my arms and began pacing.