Chapter 2

After that, I walked out as a free person. I walked to the deck taking in the salty air, it was better than being confined in that muggy room. I sighed at myself thinking at how far gone things have led to. I couldn't change it now. My hands shook slightly as I watched the ship cut through the tides. I was anxious, but I chose to ignore it. 

"Kya," I heard Zuko say as I kept my eyes on the open waters. It hurt. His voice is still calling me like he did before all this madness. I couldn't bring myself to turn around.

"Kya," I continued to ignore him as I looked up to the sky,"No death glares? No remarks? At least stare at me with hate like you used to!"

I wanted to scream but it wasn't at him, maybe it was at myself. Maybe I just hate myself for still believing he could change. Maybe I was angry for selfishly choosing Azula to stay out of being in a cell. But those were all second guesses. So it didn't matter anyways. I was betrayed by someone I believed I loved, who said they loved me back. Now Azula believes I can be of use to her and now I'm stuck on a ship heading straight for the Fire Nation capital.

What is this mess that I've gotten myself in? All for the sake of caring too much. For opening my heart when my head screamed I shouldn't. Maybe this is what I get for being idealistic. 

"Are you really gonna stay out here?" Said a familiar voice, although all the new voices were familiar by now. 

Watching the corner of my eye, it was the girl I saw back in the Earth Kingdom while I was on a date with Zuko. The same girl who gave me that cloth last night. She got close to Zuko, it was clear that she liked him. I sighed.

"Aren't you cold?" She asked Zuko. 

I kept my distance, still looking out at the open waters. 

"It's been so long,, Over three years since I've been home. I wonder what's changed, I wonder how I've changed,"

I stayed silent as I listened to their conversation. I wanted no part in it. Zuko changed plenty, I knew just how much. As much as I wanted to smack Zuko across the face I choose to believe the person he really is wouldn't accept the way things are back 'home'. Even if that belief I still have for him kills me on the inside with every second that passes that I'm here.

"I just asked if you were cold, I didn't ask for your whole life story," She yawned, putting her arm around him, "Stop worrying,"

I saw as she leaned in to kiss Zuko. I turned around to walk back to my small room knowing it would be better than staying here. Zuko looked away from her, following me. I whipped my head around, now facing him.

"Why are you following me?" I asked coldly.

"I don't know," He awkwardly responded looking down.

"Your supposed to be happy now. You're going home as a hero," I scoffed,"After all, you were never happy with Iroh and I," I said bluntly.

"I-" He paused quickly looking back down. 

He knew I was upset, yet he still tried to talk to me. It sent a wave of annoyance through me. 

"If you have nothing better to say then leave," I spat at him.

He went to leave but left the door parted open, I groaned going to close the door. The girl with sharp yet dull eyes who follows Azula around watched from the end of the hall.

She heard everything.

I put my finger up in a soft shh, praying to the spirits she wouldn't say anything. But she just watched as I closed the door. I sighed as I sat down digging my face into my knees. I felt trapped. Everywhere I looked was someone would be considered an enemy.