047a - A Lesson on Closure Part 1.

(047a - A Lesson on Closure Part 1.)

Who has missed #Jidela moments? I know I have 😌. Let's hope TK doesn't spoil out mood in this chapter 💀. I apologize in advance for any form of tackiness.

Dive in.

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀
(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

"Set..."

"Hike!"

Kizito called out and the spherical ball was passed to him immediately by the center guard. Ola Davis and I took our turns, running across the field while expecting the ball to come to either of us. The guys playing on the defensive came after us, trying to catch up to us in other to hijack the ball from us.

"Davis!" Kizito yelled, aiming to throw the ball at Ola.

On cue, everyone on the defense ran toward Ola to hijack the ball before it gets to him, leaving me open to whatever tactic Kizito had. And because of that, the Sports prefect changed his course of action and lunged the ball at me. I leaped up, grabbing it effortlessly before running towards the end zone, winning a touchdown.

The whistle went off.

"Huddle Up," Kizito called, beckoning for me to throw the ball at him, which I did as I made my way towards him like the rest of the Junior Varsity Team. From the look on his face and the tone of his voice, I could tell Kizito was frustrated and I understood why.

He sighed.

"We have gone over this a thousand times, guys," He began, speaking to the JV team. "No matter what happens, you don't leave any of your opponents unmarked. If you do, it can cost you the whole game," He stated matter-of-factly, hitting the ball with his palm to emphasize every word he was saying.

There was absolutely quietness around the field, safe for distant chitchats by students that were seated in the bleachers, watching us play.

"I made a call to throw the ball at Ola," Kizito continued, nodding at Ola Davis who was standing at the end of the huddle with me. "And all of you rushed over to him to get the ball, no one was marking Jidenna," He was finally calling my name without throwing a glare my way.

I felt my lips twitch, but I bit the insides of my cheek to stop myself from smiling.

"At least two people should have been marking him in case my call was a decoy to confuse you, which in fact, it was," He went on explaining. "You don't leave your opponents unmarked for whatever reason. You MUST mark them, and always be ready to snatch the ball before it gets to them.-