Loop stations

Florence

It was a normal Tuesday afternoon, mid April. Typically for the month, the sun couldn't really decide wether it wanted to stay or go. I was sitting in my car, my face stuck on the phone. I have been sitting there in the same place for about 10 minutes, just starring at the device in my hands waiting for it to signal me an answer. Occasionally I hum along to the sounds of the radio playing whatever is trending the charts right now. Taking a look at the watch, my impatience increases.

Come on. Just answer for fucks sake. You were the one who wanted me to drive to the store in the first place!

Chat with Rachel:

Flo
I'm at the store
What did you want?👀

Flo
Racheeeel

Flo
I only have 20 minutes left
till my shift starts!!😭

Rachel
I was busy.
I want honey, milk and bread.

Flo
I think we still have these things
at home?

Rachel
Then get more please, I need them
to cook something.

Flo
Will do babe. See ya soon ❤️

I closed the door after finally leaving the car and rushed to the entrance of the market. Meanwhile I almost stumbled into a man coming out of his car, who also seemed to be in a rush, since he was frantically searching for something in the back. With a small "i'm sorry" I went on with my way.

There was no need to get a shopping cart for the three items Rachel needs. The store was relatively big, with huge corridors and a few checkouts.
Today it wasn't visited that much tho, just a few people had the idea to go grocery shopping in the middle of the day. Most people were probably at work. Where I actually should be too soon. I just went to the store because Rachel told me she urgently needed me to get something. I don't know why she couldn't do it herself but I've grown to just accept it as it is with her and appreciate her for other qualities.

While searching for the right aisle, I passed my favorite area, the music section. There were many instruments like guitars, pianos or even drums displayed. However, my favorite part had to be the loop station. I often thought about getting it to improve my music and songwriting, but I just can't justify the price yet. Money didn't come very easily to me, I have to work in a small café everyday. Sometimes behind the counter, other times on the little stage the café has, singing covers or original music. On weekends I often play in pubs or bars.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't even notice someone else standing in the same aisle. The other woman also looked around at the music objects, but did not seem to know what she wanted.

"Excuse me", I visibly snapped out of my trance when I heard a soft voice speaking. "Huh, me?", I asked confused as to who was speaking.

"Yeah you.", the woman chuckled and showed her pretty smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"No it's alright, I just didn't see anyone standing next to me. How can I help you?", I turned to the stranger and looked at her, my cheeks blushing a little.

The woman is absolutely beautiful, I have to admit. Everyone who would deny that, would just be lying to themselves. She is a little smaller than I am. Her hair is dyed blonde with darker roots and her eyes were the greenest I have ever seen.

"I saw you looking at those things and thought you probably have more knowledge on it than I do.. " she smiled and her hands pointed in the direction I was looking at before. "I am actually searching for a birthday gift for my boyfriend and I'm a little overwhelmed with the selection."

What a lucky guy.

I take a step back to see everything on the stand. "Well, what does he like? Does he play instruments or is he more interested in singing?", I then ask and feel like I am working in this store trying to get someone to buy something.

The stranger thinks for a moment and then answers: "Robbie is in a band and also writes music. But I guess he already has all the instruments he needs, so I don't need to buy him those." While thinking her nose scrunches in a way I have never seen it before. It's actually very cute.

I nod and then move forward to the loop station, I was just fangirling over earlier.
"Well in that case.. this is a loop machine. It is an essential part of a musician's setup. With a loop station, you can build up layers of looped guitars, vocals, synthesizers, percussion and more. I've heard it is super fun to use and also helps with songwriting. I don't know what your budget is tho, because these things are quite expensive.", I suggest and don't even notice that my face automatically lifts up while talking about it.

The other women definitely seems to notice it tho, as she chuckles a little and then looks at the loop station. "Wow, that sounds like a good idea for a present. Thank you so much for helping me out! You should start working here", she laughs and it looks like she is contemplating on adding something else.

Meanwhile I took a look at my watch and notice, that my real work begins in 15 minutes. "Oh shit", I swear and then look at the other women apologetically. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to swear at you. I just realized that I'm going to be late for my actual job if I don't hurry now. But it was nice to meet you and I hope your boyfriend likes his present!"

She smiles at me understandingly and waves goodbye as I run away to get the groceries Rachel wanted me to get, still thinking about the stranger. I didn't even get her name. Maybe we could've been friends.

After getting the honey and milk, I make my way to the bread, which is nearest to the checkout place.

When suddenly I heard a loud noise, a scream and then silence.

____________________________

Hello and welcome to my first chapter of "sunflower" an Elizabeth Olsen fanfic.🌻

It will have real life and social media chapters :)

I love it when readers leave comments while reading, so please do that!

English isn't my first language so feel free to correct me if I make mistakes ;)