- 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 hated fishing. The smell, the equipment, the worms — she hated everything about it. But it was one of JJʼs favourite things to do, so they comprised; she went fishing, and he'd binge watch the Disney princess movies later one. Obviously, JJ didn't need nearly enough as much convincing as Kaci did.

The pair decided that, with everything that had been going on, they needed some time for each other. They needed to make sure that they could still stick together during it all. They needed each other. JJ was Kaciʼs safe space, and she was his.

Nobody had seen much of Sarah since her fatherʼs death, but earlier that day, she broke up with John B. None of the other pouges tried getting involved or did anything about it, because everyone knew they'd get back together. John B and Sarah were soulmates. If they didn't have a chance, nobody did.

Kaci giggled uncontrollably as she accidentally hit JJ with the rod, the two of them both way too high to see where the water started. John B decided he wanted some uncle/nephew bonding time with Kaz to cheer him up, so it gave his parents some alone time, which they spent smoking weed and making a fishing failure.

JJ, who was more used to his strong blunts than she was, smiled at the girl widely. "Remember when we were fun?" he asked. "Now we've turned into old, happily married millennials."

Kaci nodded, inhaling more weed, taking it to the back of her throat, then letting out the smoke "Yeah, we should argue more," she agreed.

JJ chuckled,. "Yeah, let's have a cheeky little breakup like John B and Sarah."

The girl winked. "I'll make you jealous by fucking Rafe." If she was sober, she wouldn't have made that joke. But she was far from sober, and the two of them found it hilarious.

"Don't make me pull your mom, Kace, you know I can do it," JJ retorted, clicking his tongue.

"What mom?" Kaci giggled. "She's dead."

JJ shook his head. "Trust me, if anyone can get pussy from out the grave, it's me."

"The sex would be out of this world," joked Kaci, and the two set off into another laughing fit.

A couple moments later, once they had both calmed down a little, Kaci moved to the other side of the boat, sitting as close to JJ as possible. He smiled down at her, wrapping his arms around her body and resting his head on her shoulder. "Nah, but seriously, Princess, I like being an old, married millennial with you."

Kaci smiled, looking back at him. "Yeah, I like it too, J."

The two of them simply stared at each other for a long moment. There was nothing in the world either one found more beautiful than the other. And, especially with all the craziness in their world, they were grateful to have that. If they didn't have each other, they'd be lost. Kaci and JJ were perfect for each other, they belonged together.

"Remember when you bit me?"

Kaciʼs smile instantly shifted into a glare. "Oh, my God — we were having such a nice moment, you dick."

JJ laughed and shook his head. "A nice moment? I was talking about banging your dead mom."

"You're such a prick."

"I love you."

"Literally just die."

"Only if you kill me."

"Ew, JJ. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"A lot."

"Such a cunt."

𖧷

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻 light of her phone low, Kaci snuggled into JJʼs side in bed, eyes open as she shared texts back and forth on the group chat with Sarah and Kie. JJ always looked so peaceful when he slept, and Kaci always admired that — his floppy, blonde hair, his soft, long eyelashes, his pink, parted lips —, but she didn't like the fact he slept naked. As hot as he was, the amount of sweat that came from that boyʼs body was disgusting.